mtbr member

What to do with my 1995 Killer V 900?

So I have this Huge Killer V 900 that I got new in 1995, its 100% stock exept the pedals, and fork. even the tires are original haha.

I can't decide what to do with it, craiglist it? Its kinda got some sentimental value to me though. First it was the only bike of its time that fit me. ( I'm about 6'6" 6'7" ), it is gigantic! Second I did my first ever downhill race on it LOL!!!!!!!!

I ride a giant Reign X1 now, but wonder what I should do with my Killer V. It needs new tubes/tires, and cranks/rings (they cranks and rings are bent to hell).

Should I keep it put some new crank/rings on it, maybe some less flat bars so its more comfortable to ride? New(well more modern) fork? what will even work? I don't know what size anything is on it.

I really have no clue. Is it even worth anything if I tried to sell it?

Thanks

Pics

Last edited by KTMDirtFace; 08-17-2010 at 08:10 PM.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Put a modern, through axle travel adjustable long travel fork on it, with a new front wheel for a disc brake, some beefy tires, a bash guard, and beat the living snot out of for the rest of it's life. That frame's head tube design is so solid, I imagine the fork giving out before the frame.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Keep it and use it as your winter beater. Put studded tyres on it!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Singlespeed!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Hm thanks, I think upgrading the fork will be a problem. There is no way I'm putting a brand new 1k$ fork on it. And if I buy used one it needs to have 11-12" of tube or my stem wont have anything to attach to, which means I cant even use my fork off my Reign X to "test", or any used forks for that matter . I did measure it last night it is a 1 1/8".

Winter beater that's an option i guess haha, athough I tend to retire my bike completely in the winter and stick to skiing and motorcycles.

mtbr member
    I wish I still had my killer V, I search craigslist and ebay for it all the time. Keep it, you might get a few $100.00 for it but unless your hard up for the money you will regret it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wollongongdave
    Singlespeed!!!!!!
    ::itto:::

What to do with my 1995 Killer V 900?-f900.jpg

What to do with my 1995 Killer V 900?-f9002.jpg

mtbr member
    Nice! Is that a small frame?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Ya... Basically stock

97' F-900 small running 32/18, butchered Brooks Swift, and added a Surly Torsion bar this week. The sweep and width of the bar is great!!!

mtbr member
    I just purchased a 1999 Killer V F400 at a yardsale for $50.
    I just put 2.10 tires on it and a new saddle. I'm also going upgrade the forks to some Rock Shoks. I was wondering if it is possible to put disc brakes on or not. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gramfan
    I just purchased a 1999 Killer V F400 at a yardsale for $50.
    I just put 2.10 tires on it and a new saddle. I'm also going upgrade the forks to some Rock Shoks. I was wondering if it is possible to put disc brakes on or not. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I should also note that the bike in the picture is not mine. This is the only picture I could find that looks anything close to mine.

mtbr member
    If you get a new fork that has disk mounts you can put disk brakes on the front.

This guy..put rear disk brakes on with some adapter.. http://2btherapy.com/index.php/bikes...conversion-kit

Killer V Re-Build Project...

I decided to just hang onto mine for now. Maybe fix it up some day but for now its garage decoration lol.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace
    This guy..put rear disk brakes on with some adapter.. http://2btherapy.com/index.php/bikes...conversion-kit

Killer V Re-Build Project...
    Yep, I added the Brake Therapy disk adapter on my 1998 KillerV, but ended up finding an as new F1000 in Purpleen in the KillerV style frame. It had factory disk tabs on it, so I didn't need the adapter after. That being said I never had any issues with it, but I'll probably reuse it when I build up the old KillerV as a single speed in the future.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What to do with my 1995 Killer V 900?-imgp6378_0.jpg