mtbr member

What Cannondale is this??

OK - Welcome to tonight's edition of Name That C'Dale

I've been looking for a small used c'dale for my daughter. I came across one being sold locally that peeked my curiousity. I wont be able to get more info until tomorrow.

In the mean time, any guesses as to what this might be? This is the only info I have so far (no pics, haven't seen it in person).

Cannondale mountain bike
    Newer model [Correction - probably new old stock] - it's supposed to be brand new/won at auction
    Black with green lettering.
    Cannondale Advanced Aluminum Design 2
    18" frame (he said it says that on the frame? I thought they usually had S/M/L stickers??)
    24 speed

He said it said 18" and CAAD2 on the frame, but could not recall a model name being on there.

I should be able to get more info and the serial # tomorrow.
    In the mean time, if any one nails it with that scant info, they win the prestige of the board.

CAAD2, Black with green lettering is probably key - any one know what it might be?
    Last edited by jdr01930; 07-28-2008 at 09:53 PM.
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)
    '08 F6 (daughter's)

What's "social pace?"
    May 2008
    I'm not sure which model it is, but I'm more than pretty sure 18" doesn't constitute a small. I'm 5'9" and I don't ride an 18".

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    CAAD2 was out around 1996-1997. Based on what you vaguely described- it could either be a F700i or an F900. Does it still have the center-pull cantilever brakes? The 1997 F900 was black with yellow lettering, with the Headshok DD60 fork w/ lockout, and CODA crankset.

mtbr member
    Well, the mystery will likely remain unsolved. When I talked to the guy on the phone this weekend, he couldn't get the serial # because the plastic guides are blocking it, and there was no other decals on the frame other than CAAD2 and Cannondale.
    Serial # starts wtih 5165, then the rest is blocked.
    He said it did not have front or rear suspension.

Based on no front shock, size probably being too big, etc, I'm not pursing it.

They guy didn't know much about bikes - I didn't want ask him to try to move the cable guides. Of course, it's possible the thing had a headshok and he didn't take the single boot as being suspension - lol

Anyway, got a lead on a 2007 F5 with a bunch of upgrades that looks promising - checkin it out tomorrow night...
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)
    '08 F6 (daughter's)

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

try the vintage cannondale site

You might want to check out vintagecannondale.com and download the .pdf of the 1996 and 1997 brochures. I hope that helps/

Jason