mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Which way does your Lefty pull?

Now before that bloke from Texas threatens to come after me with his gun this is not a "Leftys suck" story.
    I was adjusting the the shift/brake leavers on my Prophet 800 and couldn't get them symmetrical. Turns out that with the stock FSA bars centred by the transers I've got 1/2" more bar on the left than the right! They don't appear to have been cut so I assume the transfers were just put on sloppily. I'm going to centre the bars and ignore the transfers or am I missing some subtle Cannondale idiosyncracy?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker921
    Now before that bloke from Texas threatens to come after me with his gun this is not a "Leftys suck" story.
    I was adjusting the the shift/brake leavers on my Prophet 800 and couldn't get them symmetrical. Turns out that with the stock FSA bars centred by the transers I've got 1/2" more bar on the left than the right! They don't appear to have been cut so I assume the transfers were just put on sloppily. I'm going to centre the bars and ignore the transfers or am I missing some subtle Cannondale idiosyncracy?
    Nothing asymmetrical about the lefty steerer tube. Since it runs through the frame headtube it is directly inline with the centerline of the bike. Have you tried measuring the bars and confirming the markings are actually out of center?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Yep. Pulled the bar and from the rub marks looks like its been that way since new!

mtbr member
    I had a FSA carbon flat bar that came on and 07 Scalpel that had the graphics and clamp abrasive about a 3/4 inch off center. I called them and they sent me a new one with return shipping for the old one.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Thats good service but as the second owner of '06 bike I don't think I'd get away with that. Its a cautionary tale for any bike but particularly apt given the arguements over the Lefty and also maybe not so easy to spot as a new Lefty owner.

mtbr member
    So call them about your bars anyway .
    What have you got to lose ?????
    It's probably a 1 800 number .

They can only say no .

mnt bike laws of physics
    Yea, My Prophet came with an FSA bar with the same problem Baker.
    I just trusted the tape measure instead of the markings on the bar.

Also, I've seem many riser bars that are not symmetrical as far as the bends. I rather stick to a flat bar with the appropriate stem. It makes for a stiffer and lighter setup.