mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Warranty service & LBS compensation

When you bring your Cannondale into the shop for a warranty issue such as a frame replacement or Lefty servicing that is covered under warranty, does Cannondale pay the shop anything for their time? I've had to bring my Rush in several times now, and I feel kind of bad for sticking the shop with it when I didn't buy it there (was a gift).

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    It depends on a number of factors. How godd the relationship between the rep and the shop is, how carefully the shop documents the time they took, etc. Many accounts just hook up the customer, cause it's the right thing to do, and just let the rep know they do this, aren't looking to get recompense for it, and often, the rep will just be happy to sweeten the pot with swag for employees, lunch when they stop by, better service for things that might require an extra push, etc. It's the old, one hand washes the other theory.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Maybe you could buy someting from them from time to time

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jiar577
    Maybe you could buy someting from them from time to time
    That's what I usually do, and I often buy incidentals like tubes and small components like seatposts and computers from them. Often even if I can find something cheaper online, I'll just buy it from them as a thank you, and consider the extra cost a convenience fee for not having to send a money order and have it shipped.

Dog Musher
    Maybe you can buy some clipless pedals from the shop instead of those toeclips you are using now. Those are lollygagger pedals in the photo on your profile. The bike has nary a scratch. Ride it more and you might get more respect from a shop when you bring it in.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerdog
    Maybe you can buy some clipless pedals from the shop instead of those toeclips you are using now. Those are lollygagger pedals in the photo on your profile. The bike has nary a scratch. Ride it more and you might get more respect from a shop when you bring it in.
    Seriously, get a life and get over this grudge with me. I use the Eggbeaters it came with, but use the toeclips to make it easier if someone has to testride it.

The bike was brand new in the photo.

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Tick Tick Tick...................
    There has to be something to do somewhere..I think I'll ride my bike tomorrow.......................................... ...........................................

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Must be nice

Warranty work in Charleston, WV will cost you. No free warranty labor work here.

a.k.a.-Cranial Disharmony
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    It depends on a number of factors. How godd the relationship between the rep and the shop is, how carefully the shop documents the time they took, etc. Many accounts just hook up the customer, cause it's the right thing to do, and just let the rep know they do this, aren't looking to get recompense for it, and often, the rep will just be happy to sweeten the pot with swag for employees, lunch when they stop by, better service for things that might require an extra push, etc. It's the old, one hand washes the other theory.
    Thats what happens at my shop. We're lucky because our C'dale rep is like the 2nd most senior employee at Cannondale. He' kicks ass! He very much makes it worth our time. He'll take me to Bethel from time to time and thats like a taking a kid to a candy factory!

We even sell more Specialized too.
    "Life sucks, get a fu*king helmet, okay?" - Dennis Leary