Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Warranty issue

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  BadBoyNY 
#1 ·
hi guys,
I have a problem with my Polish Cannondale Dealer, check this out:

My official Polish Cannondale Dealer refuses to consider my warranty claim because my bike was bought in Italy!
Poland and Italy are both in one continent - Europe, and he should take care of my Lefty due to this:

"TERMS OF LIMITED WARRANTY:

For any warranty claim to be considered, the bicycle must be brought in to an Authorized Cannondale Bicycle Retailer on the same continent on which the bicycle was purchased. The bicycle must be in assembled condition and accompanied by the original, dated sales receipt for the bicycle. (Be sure to keep your receipt in a safe place.)" http://www.cannondale.com/gbr/eng/Policies

He wants money for sending my Lefty to Service Center and doesn't respects my Cannondale Warranty Card and the text above. Just because my bike wasn't bought in Poland.

Did you had some issues with your retailers/dealers like me? My dealer wants me to pay shipping costs to abroad service place ( ~100 $) + service costs + changing broken internals if needed.

Damn! :madmax:
My bike is just 7 months old and I have all receipts

See less See more
#3 ·
Sounds like they are being a bit over the top.

They should honor legitimate warranty claims.

As for Lefty service, if the issues with the fork are warranty related, it should go the a Cannondale service center, as opposed to say, 88+ (who does great work, but "aftermarket") You should pay shipping to the center, why should the shop, it's not their fault it needs service, right?

If the fork needs work that is outside of a warranty issue, you pay for it, just like if your car needs brakes, a water pump, whatever.

If the shop tacks a profit for themselves on top of the service centers charges, I personally think that's slimey, but it's not illegal.

Good luck.

#5 · (Edited)
There is one official Polish dealer who controls all Polish retailers.

My local retailer said that it's a internal SPV damper failure so there's not my fought. (no external damage etc. or normal wear caused by riding) I weight only 63kg (140ibs) and that's a allmountain bike.
I just want my Lefty fixed, I paid a lot of money for it.

I also understand that shop or dealer doesn't want to spend their money on posting my fork all over Europe or fixing it, but Cannondale Policy say that they should do sth. about it at last considering my claim. It's a big and rich company. If they can't fix it, it should be done by somebody that can. It's not mine problem. I guess that European C'dale head office will refund that. What's more, being a Cannondale's agent in any country isn't just about selling their bikes and earning money - there are also responsibilities - taking care of warranty claims.

#6 ·
Wiewior said:

My local retailer said that it's a internal SPV damper failure so there's not my fought. (no external damage etc. or normal wear caused by riding) I weight only 63kg (140ibs) and that's a allmountain bike.

I also understand that shop or dealer doesn't want to spend their money on posting my fork all over Europe or fixing it, but Cannondale Policy say that they should do sth. about it at last considering my claim. It's a big and rich company. If they can't fix it, it should be done by somebody that can. It's not mine problem. I guess that European C'dale head office will refund that. What's more, being a Cannondale's agent in any country isn't just about selling their bikes and earning money - there are also responsibilities - taking care of warranty claims.
It's not just the Euro Canonndale distributor giving the brand a bad name

The Australian one does the same. We read lots of good stories on MTBR in the U.S. but can't say the same for our issues. They try to repair on the cheap and hope we accept or refuse claims totally.:madman:

Roland

#7 ·
Wiewior said:

a.) Lifetime warranty on frame (incl. swingarms on fullsuspension bikes etc.)
b.) 12 month warranty on all other parts incl. your lefty fork.
c.) According to EU laws every product has a 24 month warranty anyways, overriding cannondale's 12 month warranty on parts.

Exempt are things that deteriorate from normal use like tires, brake pads etc.
He's trying to screw you big time by making it sound like the fork falls in that same category....
Call cannondale in Oldenzaal directly and find yourself a different dealership....those guys are morons....

#8 ·
cdalemaniac said:
a.) Lifetime warranty on frame (incl. swingarms on fullsuspension bikes etc.)
b.) 12 month warranty on all other parts incl. your lefty fork.
c.) According to EU laws every product has a 24 month warranty anyways, overriding cannondale's 12 month warranty on parts.

Exempt are things that deteriorate from normal use like tires, brake pads etc.
He's trying to screw you big time by making it sound like the fork falls in that same category....
Call cannondale in Oldenzaal directly and find yourself a different dealership....those guys are morons....
I will reiterate this

Call cannondale in Oldenzaal directly ...the number on the Cannondale website under International.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.