Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Want to go rigid

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  jhobert 
#1 ·
I just want to ask my fellow cannondale bike users for advise. I have the 2011 cannondale trail sl 3 and I wanted to replace the stock rst deuce fork with carbon rigid, I've seen on internet that rigid forks have straight and tapered steerer. So my question is which should I buy and do I have to replace my cane creek stock headset and which one and also what size of the fork to buy. Thanks in advance.

Ps.
I can bring the bike to my lbs buy they are charging twice the price of the fork compared if I buy it online and install it myself.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

#3 ·
Lip inside 09 29er 2 headtube causing issues

So I am putting together a winter build and am putting a Muk fork up front. Anyways did some research (not enough I guess) and got a FSA Pig reducer headset. Well anyways I now noticed there is a lip on the inside of the headset and the headset is simply too long and will not press. Now I do see the Orbit Z has a shorter stack height and was wondering (before I make another mistake) if this headset will in fact work before I pull the trigger.

After I could not get it to insert I did take it to a shop just to make sure it was me causing the issue and they confirmed what I had also.

Also I noticed the pig comes with these inserts that just reduce the 1.5 headset down. Could I save some cash and get a 1.5 FSA headset (that works) and just drop those in?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.