Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

vintagecannondale.com is now UP.

www.vintagecannondale.com is now up and going for those of you who don't know. there are catalogs and serial number info for every year. as well as a gallery if anybody wants to be added.

enjoy fellow cannondaler's

mtbr member
    Nice site- really missin that '93 catalogue, but lots of cool stuff in there. Keep it UP!!

mtbr member
    and 90 and 96... haha. 1974 is a trip to see though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Great site thanks. I was facinated by the changes in the design of the "head badges" particularly the early ones. Is there a story here? Anyone know it?

speed freak
    May 2007
    I'm confused as well looking at that head badge change... I have the 90-95 sticker, but bought my bike in June of 96... is a dark purple faded to black on top and bottom of the frame really a 95? Not that it matters, it's just to long ago, I really would like to know.
    '06 Test Bike Blue Specalized FSRxc Pro
    '95 Violet Pearl Cannondale Killer-V 900
    WTB '97 Tangerine Cannondale Killer-V 900

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I've got the same badge on my SuperV 700 carbon but I think its viper red is a long standing colour. Have you checked the frame date? Mine is Oct '95. My model does not feature in the '95 catalogue. I guess its a '96 model year bike but no ''96 brochure available! Euro specsmight also be different.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ftabove
    I'm confused as well looking at that head badge change... I have the 90-95 sticker, but bought my bike in June of 96... is a dark purple faded to black on top and bottom of the frame really a 95? Not that it matters, it's just to long ago, I really would like to know.
    check the serial number. and bikes do the same thing cars do. like buying a 2008 in 2007. i have a 2003 jekyll made in 02... and a 87 SM700 made in dec 86.

as for the head badge. im not fully sure, and nor does cannondale. it might be 1997-1999. im waiting for the 96 and 97 catalogs! sombody has to have the 96!

Huge Tracts of Land
    good on ya broomhandle

great project

speed freak
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by broomhandle
    check the serial number. and bikes do the same thing cars do. like buying a 2008 in 2007. i have a 2003 jekyll made in 02... and a 87 SM700 made in dec 86.

as for the head badge. im not fully sure, and nor does cannondale. it might be 1997-1999. im waiting for the 96 and 97 catalogs! sombody has to have the 96!
    I'm feelin that its a 95, because when I bought it, the guy said it was the last purple one he had, and that they didn't make it anymore... since it was mid 96, I thought he meant the 97s didn't come in that color, but since it IS indeed in the 95 catalog, I assume it was a 95, and that 96s didn't come in the purple... it came in yellow and black I think. That was still 11 years ago, and I wanted purple. lol.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Ahhh, the glorious days of the Super V!

mtbr member
    well, check the 1997 catalog. i just posted it on the site.

I Love my Rize

Question

well, check the 1997 catalog. i just posted it on the site.
    When are ya gonna have the 97 cat done as I see your still scanning it. I have a 97 m500 that I ride everyday and has been totally upgraded into the 20th century. Man I love this bike.It's so reliable its scary.
    Early to bed early to RIZE makes a man healthy, wealthy <(scratch that) and wize.

RIGHTY on a LEFTY

mtbr member
    its there.

I Love my Rize

Good job! You Da Man

its there.

That is by far the BEST Cannondale site EVER.
    Early to bed early to RIZE makes a man healthy, wealthy <(scratch that) and wize.

RIGHTY on a LEFTY

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Where? It says its scanning. V Frustrated

mtbr member
    hit refresh.(F5) i put that up right before i scanned it. thats probably in your cache. sorry for the frustration

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danoalb
    That is by far the BEST Cannondale site EVER.
    thanks... if anybody has any thoughts or anything let me know. its for everybody.

speed freak
    May 2007
    Son of a b#$%@

ANYONE HAVE A 97 Killer V they want to sell? That Tangerine color is SICK!!! If I had only waited a few more weeks I could have gotten one of those instead of my Purple.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Thanks got the '97. I see the Super V has lost the carbon swing arm by then. I guess I now need to see '96. The more you get the more you want.

mtbr member
    haha...hopfully 96 will show up. as well as 93 and 90. everybody wants 90. the 1974 catalog is funny. i love the car rack. looks so scary!
    Attached Images Attached Images

speed freak
    May 2007
    haha...hopfully 96 will show up. as well as 93 and 90. everybody wants 90. the 1974 catalog is funny. i love the car rack. looks so scary!
    So does the car! LOL!!!

mtbr member
    there is also a headshox database now:

http://vintagecannondale.com/cannond.../headshok.html

for anybody restoring or upgrading. 94,95,97,98 and 99 right now. pre leftys..

mtbr member
    Hey Broomhandle,

Thanks for putting the site together - it was really great to see the old '96 catalogue , my first Cannondale was an M200se. Boy I loved that bike but it was stolen about two years after I bought it.
    I have an F500 now (bought used) and the serial number info has been helpful. It's a nice bike but I still miss my old M200. I guess you never forget your first C'dale.

Thanks again!

mtbr member
    Hey great site,

Kinda made me sad for listing my older Cdals on ebay this week, but I was ordered to since Ive been told I have got too many bikes
    PrOxY

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    My favorite Cannondale of all time was my Silver 1995 M800 Beast of the East. It sucks even more that the pic in the 1995 catalog was't of the actual production bike, as there were a lot of changes in what hit dealer floors - most significant was the 95 frame didn't have the cantilevered rear dropout like the catalog shows. If I ever find a 20" Silver 95 frame, I'm buying it. I have an identical 18" under the carport - it's just too small for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast