Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    I like to ride my bike.
    Reputation: RideFaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,575

    A Video of a Lefty, a Racer and a Crash

    I'll bet this has been posted before. I found it in the weight weenie forum.

    Click here
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

  2. #2
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,394
    I get nothing...

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  3. #3
    discombobulated SuperModerator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,130
    Click here
    Scroll dwon near the bottom, the crash video link is the one with a paragraph under it...
    Lefty's no good....IF you foget to check ifyour fork is screwed together
    Looks like he cased it a bit too....
    CDT

  4. #4
    Like catnip for people
    Reputation: ar1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleTony
    Click here
    Scroll dwon near the bottom, the crash video link is the one with a paragraph under it...
    Lefty's no good....IF you foget to check ifyour fork is screwed together
    Looks like he cased it a bit too....
    CDT
    that site doesn't like firefox

    amtbc.com/portals/0/Video/MtTorrens2006Crash.wmv

    I just edited that link like twenty times trying to get the whole thing to show up.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,871
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleTony
    Click here
    Scroll dwon near the bottom, the crash video link is the one with a paragraph under it...
    Lefty's no good....IF you foget to check ifyour fork is screwed together
    Looks like he cased it a bit too....
    CDT
    Wait, are you telling me to screw my Lefty???? OK, well I guess that redefines the term dual purpose fork.......................
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

  6. #6
    I like to ride my bike.
    Reputation: RideFaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by ar1981
    that site doesn't like firefox

    amtbc.com/portals/0/Video/MtTorrens2006Crash.wmv

    I just edited that link like twenty times trying to get the whole thing to show up.
    Thanks. That's the video!
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

  7. #7
    Ridin' dirty!
    Reputation: cdalemaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg
    Wait, are you telling me to screw my Lefty???? OK, well I guess that redefines the term dual purpose fork.......................
    I think that video shows that one should check the tightness of the top cap a lil' bit more often... I'll probably do it from now on before every ride
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jetpropel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    102
    A part of me wants to chuckle, it takes only a few minutes to spot check your bike....he's lucky the top cap isn't embedded in his forehead.

  9. #9
    discombobulated SuperModerator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,130
    I wonder how the fork would sound with the cap so loose.....Part of me wants to try it, and the smarter part just pimp-slapped that part, so no go..
    CDT

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: heartfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    102

    try it this way:

    I had to add the http://www. part to the link. Try this:

    http://www.amtbc.com/portals/0/Video...s2006Crash.wmv

    Wonder how soon that guy will have lumbar disk problems?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    304
    isn´t that insident a result of the mounting fault cannondale had in there factory? fixed with locktite

  12. #12
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltazar
    isn´t that insident a result of the mounting fault cannondale had in there factory? fixed with locktite
    No, this looks like a top cap that wasn't tightened correctly...

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    304
    aha, okay.

  14. #14
    italian globetrotter
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    91

    Cool-blue Rhythm i don't see

    well i got the video but i cannot spot the crash which involves lefty...

    can someone tell me?
    the one seems to me is one guy jumping and crashing with a white frame and green tshirt. This scene follows a guy that hits a tree with the head and with a WolksVagen polo...
    if this is the scene seems to me just a balancing problem. He did expect a bump before the jump!

    comments please...


  15. #15
    discombobulated SuperModerator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,130
    Quote Originally Posted by michelefiorentin
    well i got the video but i cannot spot the crash which involves lefty...

    can someone tell me?
    the one seems to me is one guy jumping and crashing with a white frame and green tshirt. This scene follows a guy that hits a tree with the head and with a WolksVagen polo...
    if this is the scene seems to me just a balancing problem. He did expect a bump before the jump!

    comments please...

    Quote Originally Posted by heartfixer
    I had to add the http://www. part to the link. Try this:

    http://www.amtbc.com/portals/0/Video...s2006Crash.wmv

    Wonder how soon that guy will have lumbar disk problems?
    The video in this post? White bike, green shirt. SUPER slo-mo repeat, WITH a closeup of the bike and the Lefty??
    CDT

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleTony
    I wonder how the fork would sound with the cap so loose.....Part of me wants to try it, and the smarter part just pimp-slapped that part, so no go..
    CDT
    hahahahahaha just get some of your genius friends to try it

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27
    Wow, I had not seen this video before. Is there a torque setting for that top cap? Is this something that has happened to others or an isolated incident? Mechanics out there, please advise re: checking top cap tightness. Thanks!

  18. #18
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,394
    You tighten it as tight as you can by hand (no need to turn your face red or blue though) and then an additional quarter turn with the tool. There is a lot of thread, it's many full turn of the cap to take it off so to pop out, it would need to rattle a long time...

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27
    Thanks for the info!

    Do you/does anyone know what year and/or model this is?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •