mtbr member

Using different weight oil for a Lefty DLR?

Has anybody tried using a heavier than stock weight oil in their DLR the gain a little more low speed compressing damping? Similar rebound damping could be achieved by backing out the adjustment dial, correct?

If you've done this, was the high speed compression damping too stiff?
    Race Reports, PreRide Reports, and General Rambling:

www.roostersbikersedge.com
    http://www.ENVEcomposites.com

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    That fork doesn't have separate circuits for high and low speed compression. You would affect both with the viscosity change.

It would slow it down, yes, but unless you are a heavier rider, you may find the change too dramatic, and won't be able to get the fork to rebound quickly enough.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Ridin' dirty!
    I used 7.5W oil in mine, but also have a black negative spring since I'm always around 195lbs. geared up.
    Rebound is 5-6 clicks from the fully opened position....and even when all the way counterclockwise really fast....IMHO
    I run between 135-145psi in it so if you are a lighter person and run it with less air it'll be way too slow and I would suggest the standard weight oil with a re-arrangement of the rebound shim stack.
    If you send it to Mendon I bet he'll take care of that in a New York minute....
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom "Leftified" Delta V