mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Upgrading/Rebuliding Lefty Questions-Thanks

Hi, I have an older carbon Lefty off of a 2002 Scalpel. I want to send it in to have it serviced. Are there different upgrades available for the fork that I should ask for when I have it rebuilt? I'm considering purchasing a Rush frame and moving the fork and components over from my Scalpel. I have the older, primer grey XTR rapidfire components, I prefer those to the dual control. A lot of this decision is going to be based on how well my older fork will work with the Rush frame. If i had to get a frame and fork then it would make no sense. Any info would help-Thanks

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ssc280
    Hi, I have an older carbon Lefty off of a 2002 Scalpel. I want to send it in to have it serviced. Are there different upgrades available for the fork that I should ask for when I have it rebuilt? I'm considering purchasing a Rush frame and moving the fork and components over from my Scalpel. I have the older, primer grey XTR rapidfire components, I prefer those to the dual control. A lot of this decision is going to be based on how well my older fork will work with the Rush frame. If i had to get a frame and fork then it would make no sense. Any info would help-Thanks
    The fork will work on a Rush, but will be a bit shorter (10mm) than the "proper" fork for it. At the Carbon end, there are no real up grades (you're already there). The dual controls are nice by the way, I dig 'em. If you need the fork serviced, I would be happy to help, I do a ton of these through my shop. Need more info on that? contact me @ cats3elton@aol.com Best of luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0