mtbr member
    Jun 2006

UPGRADING my 05 prophet

well i have been riding a prophet for about 2 years now and i have upgrade alot of pcs. it began as a prophet 800.. i upraded the wheels to the croosmax sl then the rear shock from a manitou radium to a 4way swinger coil. and x9 shifters and derailler and a set of xt hydro brakes.. i changed the crank to an XT which did wonders but now i am tired of the lefty(hope i didnt offend anyone?) and of my rear shock. so i upgraded some part bought me a new rock shox lyric solo air fork..and the fox dhx air 5.0 and a set of crossmax xl. i hope that when i get it back from my shop i am able to dial it in and be happy..i hope...i wanted a new bike but wife wouldnt let me!!!

LA CHÈVRE
    That's a divorce case right there... I'm talking for her, I would dump someone who dumps a Lefty without blinking!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    im not dumping it...its going on my hardtail...but i freeride and it feels great but its allways on my mind the warning in the book that reads leftys are not for freeriding..and at 6'1 250lbs i worry it might break on me. i do tend to notice the flex..but like i said i do like it alot..