Thread: Upgrade my Rush

I'm Riding It
    Apr 2005

Upgrade my Rush

I have a stock Cannonadle Rush 1000

And I have $600 to upgrade it

So it's time to spend some money

I'm looking at upgrading the brakes to Magura Marta SL's. If I do that do I need the postmount version, or just the IS? Also would I need the 160 mm rotors, or 180 (i'm sure its 160?)

Any other ideas of what to upgrade. I'm open for any suggestions...I might even drop the Marta SL idea and uprgrade something else..it just depends on what comes up.

Thanks
    www.bikeride.ca
    Alberta born-n-raised mountain bike racer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by oilerfan30
    I have a stock Cannonadle Rush 1000

And I have $600 to upgrade it

So it's time to spend some money

I'm looking at upgrading the brakes to Magura Marta SL's. If I do that do I need the postmount version, or just the IS? Also would I need the 160 mm rotors, or 180 (i'm sure its 160?)

Any other ideas of what to upgrade. I'm open for any suggestions...I might even drop the Marta SL idea and uprgrade something else..it just depends on what comes up.

Thanks
    I would not upgrade the brakes at all. Juicy Seven's are awesome brakes and you should keep them and replace them to Magura is they break or something bad happens to them. For that price you should upgrade the wheels to Mavic Crossmax SL. I saw an advertise somewhere on the net that had a sale for only $529.00 instead of the regular $899, I think it was colorado cyclist but unsure. If you can't find the wheels that go for a Fox Float RP23 rear shock. Truthfully I wouldn't really upgrade anything until something breaks or wears out because its an exceptionally good spec'd bike.

edit: did a quick google search and found a pair of 06 models at colorado cyclist:
    http://www.coloradocyclist.com/commo...337&TextMode=0
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

mtbr member

Do the Cross Max

I completely agreee with Pdm when I read your header Cross Max was my first thought-you will not regret it-good fit with the Rush. I ride them on my 06 Rush Team and have had nothing but love for them.

I'm Riding It
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Wick
    I completely agreee with Pdm when I read your header Cross Max was my first thought-you will not regret it-good fit with the Rush. I ride them on my 06 Rush Team and have had nothing but love for them.

I was thinking about Crossmax, but could never find them for a price that fit my price range. I do think the brakes are good, but i've been having a lot of troubles with them. The front brake was leaking, so i had to bring it in. The rear brake needed to be bled, and needs to be bled again (at least thats what the mechanics say) because it's stopping power isn't up to par.

I've heard good things of the Avid's, but I am having trouble keeping them working

Edit: + i can get a set of the Magura's (brand new) for about $350, so I could go ahead and get some new tires too with the leftover, the Crossmarks are wearing...and leaking
    www.bikeride.ca
    Alberta born-n-raised mountain bike racer.