mtbr member

upgrade my 07 rush 6

Just want to save some weight on my rush. weighs about 29 1/2 lbs. already replaced the seat with a wtb pure v and the heavy platform pedals w lightweight crank bros candies. cost is a big concern as i am still paying off the bike. appreciate any input. thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    personally, I'd pay it off first otherwise you're just going to wish you'd gotten something nicer when you get a little bit of money. The first move I'd make on your bike is to upgrade the wheels/tires, it will completely make your bike feel alot better. There are alot of affordable wheelsets out there such as the FSA xc-300 or mavic crossrides, but I'd just wait to get something a bit nicer. Nice light tires are the cheapest way to drop weight. (I suggest 2.1 or 1.95 nevegal dtc for all-conditions. if it is always dry where you ride, IRC Mythos are light and cheap)

also, your seatpost/stem/handlebar combo is one place to drop some weight for not much money, I'd check clearances and ebay for some Race Face Deus or the like. I know pricepoint has some pretty good deals on easton (look at ea70) and race face controls right now.

also check ebay and others for some cheap but lighter cranksets, with the new-style outboard bearing. A great buy for the money is the FSA afterburner set (new set just went off ebay at $105 shipped), as well as Shimano XT or truvative firex team 3.3

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I got the same bike, i first changed the pedals to Crank Brothers Egg Beaters SL and now i'm looking to change the seat post, saddle, stem and handlebars, and then get some Mavic Crossrides. I purchased a rear shock, the Fox RP23 however not the right size, Fox doesn't make a size for Cannondale, you have to custom order it through Cannondale.

What changes did you end up making?

mtbr member
    kenda nevegal 2.1dtc's. added odi lock on grips. wtb pure v saddle. crank bros candy pedals. removed big ring and placed fsa bashguard in its place. looking at handlebars and seatpost next. after a while, probably a mavic wheelset. at this point, i need to start replacing things that have worn out. break pads shot, chain shot, and cassette probably wont be to far off. pa and wv crud are tough on drive train even w proper cleaning

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bprush
    kenda nevegal 2.1dtc's. added odi lock on grips. wtb pure v saddle. crank bros candy pedals. removed big ring and placed fsa bashguard in its place. looking at handlebars and seatpost next. after a while, probably a mavic wheelset. at this point, i need to start replacing things that have worn out. break pads shot, chain shot, and cassette probably wont be to far off. pa and wv crud are tough on drive train even w proper cleaning
    Just a tip when you get a new chain make sure you get a new cassette too. The new chain on old cassette seems to always cause the chain to jump from gear to gear making almost impossible to make it up a hill.