mtbr member
    Oct 2010

UBER V posted in Classifieds

and on ebay. here is the text. pics in ad and on ebay.

THIS MAY BE THE WORLDS BEST UBER V TO DATE.
    WHAT IS AN UBER V? WELL YOU START WITH ONE OF CANNONDALES MOST DURABLE, SIMPLE AND STIFF FULL SUSPENSION FRAMES EVER…AND THEN MAKE IT BETTER. ADD A CANNONDALE LONG TRAVEL SWING ARM AND A SHOCK AND FORK. 160MM TRAVEL FRONT AND REAR. EXCELLENT GEOMETRY AND SUPER FUN.
    I AM THE ORIGINAL OWNER OF THIS BIKE. I PURCHASED IT IN 1998 AS A CANNONDALE SUPER V1000 SL. IN ITS ORIGINAL BUILD IT HAD A FATTY HEAD SHOCK AND FOX SHOCK IN THE BACK WITH A DIFFERENT SWING ARM. THIS ORIGINAL SET UP YIELDED 100 MM REAR TRAVEL AND 80MM FRONT TRAVEL. I RODE THIS BIKE FOR YEARS AS IT WAS. SUPER DURABLE AND FUN. WHEN I MOVED TO A 29ER SHORT TRAVEL XC BIKE I DECIDED TO REMAKE MY SUPER V INTO AN UBER V.
    THE UBER V BUILD
    I PURCHASED A VERY HARD TO FIND NEW CANNONDALE SWINGARM WITH NEWS BEARINGS THAT ALLOWS FOR LONGER REAR TRAVEL AND MODIFIED THE FRONT TRIANGLE SHOCK MOUNT A BIT. THEN ADDED THE SUPER PLUSH MARZOCCHI ROCO PIGGY BACK TST SHOCK AND THE PUSH MODIFIED FOX VANILLA FORK WITH 20MM THRU AXLE. VIOLA 160 MM OF SUPER PLUSH AND SIMPLE TRAVEL.
    OH AND THEN THERE IS THE REST OF THE BUILD WHERE NO EXPENSE WAS SPARED RIVALING MANY OF TODAYS $5000 6” BIKES.
    THE WHEELS ARE SPECIAL. THEY ARE HANDBUILT BY RICH AT WHEELBUILDER.COM. CHRIS KING HUBS, SAPIM BLADED SPOKES, RED ALLOY NIPPLES. THESE WHEELS ALONE COST $1000. THEY ARE SUPER TRUE AND VERY FAST AND STRONG.
    THE BRAKES, TOP OF THE LINE SRAM AVID ELIXIR CR. 203 FRONT AND 160 REAR.
    THIS BIKE WAS BUILT LAST YEAR SO MANY OF THE COMPONENETS WERE EITHER NEW AT THAT TIME OR COMPLETELY REFRESHED. THE BIKE RIDES, SHIFTS ANDS STOPS ABOUT LIKE A NEW BIKE SHOULD.

HERE IS THE BUILD LIST:
    LARGE SV 1000 SL FRAME (ORIGINAL OWNER) ( I AM 5’9” AND IT FITS ME WELL)
    NEW CANNONDALE JEKYL SWINGARM WITH NEW PIVOT BOLT AND NEW BEARINGS
    FORK: FOX VANILLA RC2 MODIFIED BY PUSH. ADJUSTABLE FOR PRELOAD, REBOUND AND HIGH AND LOW SPEED COMPRESSION
    SHOCK: MARZOCCHI ROCO TST PIGGY BACK. JUST REBUILT WITH NEW OIL, SEALS AND EXTERNAL BUSHINGS
    BRAKES: AVID ELIXIR CR 203 FRONT AND 160 REAR
    WHEELS: HANDBUILT WITH CHRIS KING HUBS (FR IS 20MM TA, RR IS 9MM QR), DT SWISS EX500 RIMS, SAPIM BLADED SPOKES AND ALLOW NIPPLES. TUBELESS READY.
    TIRES: NEW KENDA EXCAVATOR DUAL COMPOUND TUBELESS. FR IS 2.35 RR IS 2.1 (NEW)
    SHIFTER SRAM X9 TRIGGER (NEW)
    DERAI: FRONT IS SHIMANO LX AND REAR IS SRAM X7. (NEW)
    CASSETTE: SRAM XX 9 SPEED. RED ALLOY SPIDER
    CHAIN: SRAM POWER LINK
    BARS: STYLO RISER
    STEM: SYNCHROS 65 MM 10 DEGREE RISE
    HEADSET: WOODMAN CANNONDALE ADAPTER HEADSET (NEW)
    CRANKS AND BB: STYLO 22/32 (2X9) WITH BLACKSPIRE RINGGOD BASH GUARD. BB IS NEW SRAM GXP.
    THIS IS A COMPLETELY SORTED NO ISSUE UBER V SPORTING THE LATEST AND GREATEST OF TODAYS PARTS. IT RIDES FAST, PLUSH AND FUN.
    I WILL HAVE IT PROFESSIONALLY PACKED AND SHIPPED AT A BIKE SHOP. SO THERE WILL BE ADDITIONAL FEES OF SOMEWHERE BETWEEN $100 AND $125 THAT WILL BE ADDED TO THE FINAL PRICE.
    EXTRA EXTRA INCLUDES 3 EXTRA SPRINGS FOR THE VANILLA FORK, A SPARE 20 MM THRU AXLE FOR THE FORK AND EXTRA BEARINGS FOR THE SWING ARM.
    MOVE QUICK BECAUSE I DON’T THINK THIS IS GOING TO LAST LONG. PEOPLE COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK FOR THSE CANNONDALES.
    SALE TO US ONLY. NO OVERSEAS SHIPPING OR SALE.
    CALL OR TEXT WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR EXTRA PICS. MARK 623 229 1011

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Price lowered. Check it out