mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Tubeless conversion ?'s on new Flash

I've had my Flash2Al for 5 weeks or so and took the stock Equalizer wheels to my LBS to convert to tubeless and try some new rubber that would give better grip on the faster dh than the small block K's that came on the bike.

they recommended the Saguaro F and the AKA R by Geax for our often fast but rocky terrain here in Phx. In went the Stans kit ect, but these tires were just not going to fit these rims, not even close apparently. They ended up fitting the wire beaded tubed version of the Saguaro tire on the Front (tubeless) and fitting the original Kenda SB to the rear now tubeless as they didn't have anything else that would fit these wheels. the rear lost all the air overnight so I took it back and it was refitted, aired up and 24 hrs later is still holding. I'm going out for a short shake down today close to the house to see how the rear holds up, trying to run 30psi but will keep it higher to let the Stans work in a bit more on the shake down and then set to 30 for another to see if it'll hold up.

gonna have Proj321 build me a wheelset once the new Arches hit so all of this will be moot and these oem wheels will get some street rubber back on for the pavement.

I would like hear anyone who has converted the Sunn Eq wheels tubeless what rubber have you successfully mounted and ran on these wheels? I think this would be good info for someone who may want to convert stock wheels without the $$ for a custom wheelset.

Genius
    I run Kenda Excavators here in New Mexico at 27PSI. As there is no UST version yet the tires will not seal unless I use this ghetto tubeless setup:

"I think im gonna go to walmart and look at the mountain bikes and see if i can salvage the rear frame."- Nick_Knipp 3/21/12