mtbr member
    May 2010

Triple Clamp on a Killer V

I know its stupid, pointless, silly, whatever.... Looking for intelligent thought out responses.

I have a Killer V frame and a Moto FR fork sitting around, and was wondering if the KV frame could handle it at the headtube. I've read a few things about triple clamps breaking frames, but is this due to a massive geometry change, or the clamps themselves not "giving" enough? Its a 100mm fork so its not too crazy travel wise, and its an XL frame with a rather long headtube. Any thoughts? (other than "stupid idea")
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I've been running a 100mm Lefty on my Killer V (large) for about 18 months now without any complaints on handling.

I saw a Killer V with a Moto for sale recently, although it wasn't on an XL frame, it looked a bit much up front, but it you have the parts already, why not...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Thanks for the reply and the pics. I've been eyeing your KV for a while now. Looks sick, I love the high polish frame with the modern graphics. Where did you find the decals?

I think I may end up selling the moto and going with the lefty. It just seems more well suited to a hardtail, being lighter and all. I'll have a standard 1 1/8 KV though, so I need the adapter. I'd like to find an appropriate rigid fork too, for winter riding. We'll see, still waiting for my bike to come in.....

Its funny my first MTB was a 96 KV in tangerine orange, like the one in the pic you posted with the moto. I out grew it plus it was a wicked "creaker", but I still regret selling it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I picked up the decals off ebaY. I'm in the process of changing my Killer V frame at the moment to an F1000. It's a KillerV style with disc mounts so I won't need to run the Brake Therapy adapter any longer. That being said I haven't had any issues with the adapter.