mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Trigger, anyone ridden one yet?

This was the bike I was waiting for, the rear end of a Jeckyll , with a Lefty upfront and lighter.

Anyone has ridden one yet?

mtbr member
    supposedly dealers cant even order one until january.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbal View Post
    supposedly dealers cant even order one until january.
    I heard a similar story at my LBS, they basically weren't even looking for them to be available until early next year. Of course other folks that I've seen speaking here have said they are expected to ship in the next week or two. Regardless, I don't think there are any in customer's (regular ones anyway) hands yet.

Helmetless Crasher
    The mag reviews rave about it.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

bright path native
    Sep 2004
    I was on a ride about a month ago with a C-Dale employee and he was riding one. Looked like it was built for some true all mountain riding. After consulting the website, it was definitely a Trigger 3 29er frame built up with the new lefty design up front with a mix of XX-X0 components. Not into the full squish, but it looked like a super fun bike to ride!
    strava is not real racing!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Trigger Ultimate

Here is one !!!! brand new dressed up in XC mode, how it rides ? sweet but need more time to set up the suspension correctly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trigger, anyone ridden one yet?-2012-11-25_13-27-46_hdr_edit0.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Im orderded the carbon 1 26"
    No 29er for me.
    Very steep single track where I ride and tight switchbacks.
    I still like the feel of the 26er.

mtbr member
    Local C'dale dealer here in Germany just received a batch of Trigger's. The owner said I could demo one but I would like to do so after the snow and ice goes away...

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I agree 29 er's are nice if you are tall if your are short, difficult terrain and old scholl so 26".......

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Maybe you should move down south these pics were just last week, you see in Greece we still have money to burn on 'Dales!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trigger, anyone ridden one yet?-2012-11-25_13-21-26_hdr.jpg  

FKA Malibu412
    Gives a new meaning to "pulling the trigger."

chris58, nice bike and Greece looks like a nifty place to ride. How did you post pics with only 5 posts? I thought the forum required 10 posts to add pics.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

Helmetless Crasher
    sick pix chris
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris58 View Post
    Here is one !!!! brand new dressed up in XC mode, how it rides ? sweet but need more time to set up the suspension correctly.
    I've never considered buying a Trigger until now. Nice bike mate!
    and no, I am not missing the other half of my fork....

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Ok Guys here is the second ride with the Trigger and a bit better to understand how it rides.
    It is stiff way stiff, probably also the carbon enve wheels are playing a part, 75 kilos and 32 psi probably way too much, we did a 70 kil. ride over very rocky terrain, 1550 met. elevation gain. ( In fist pic in the backround is Acropolis on the other pic my old Proflex sirca 1994 !!). The new Lefty is different from the old ones were they were smooth this one seems not so.... but then you realize that you have used over 11cm of travel....so.... probably the feeling you get from the wheels and the stiffnes of frame and fork. So go lower at least 10% over what you would think, the rear Dyad works great but you have to drop at least 20-30% less air than what the manual says for my self it said 300 I use 265 then it was fine, also the rebounds feel way over, so run them almost open, in the short tavel mode it goes uphill just like a hardtail with out slipping , it just goes !!,
    Downhilling if feels stiff....so lower pressures... way lower and then it carves and holds the line, just like all 'Dales really good weight distribution and fast geometry, just look where you want to go and it will take you there, in two words a fine bike..but take the time to set it up correctly !!!.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trigger, anyone ridden one yet?-2012-12-16_12-41-34_hdr_edit0.jpg  

Trigger, anyone ridden one yet?-20121216_102748_edit0.jpg