Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: devilish_dwarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    118

    Trigger 29er for enduro?

    Would it be possible to ride enduro and bike parks trails on 29er Trigger?
    Or is it a little bit too much to ask from that bike?

    Can somebody compare that bike with Jekyll?

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    29ers Forever
    Reputation: CannondaleF9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,642
    The Trigger 29 is Cannondale's "wimpiest" Overmountain Bike. It has the least amount of travel, and the big wheels add weight, and they o not turn as well.
    Cannondale is doing something stupid for 2014 and is dropping the Claymore and Jekyll MX, so Cannondale technically has no Enduro bikes for 2014. Some consider the Jekyll an enduro bike, so that is what I would use, but not a Trigger 29 because the Trigger is a "Trail" bike.
    2013 Trek Cobia- 29er serious mountain bike
    2015 Raleigh Misceo- Gravel bike
    2013 Trek 3700 Disk- play mountain bike

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,971
    Maybe.
    Depends on the where you are racing and riding...and how you ride.
    A Enduro in the mid west US is different than one in the Alps.
    Same with park riding.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: devilish_dwarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    118
    Actually I'm in Switzerland, so Alps are my playground.
    I need (want) a bike (possibly 29er) that I can use as a everyday trail bike, good on uphill, with capacity to ride (occasionally) enduro races in Swiss and French Alps.

    I'm not asking much, do I?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    40
    The TRigger kills it for ENDURO! I've been racing on one all season and it absolutely shreds! Tons of tractions and the DYAD is perfect for enduro racing.

  6. #6
    don't stop
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    The Trigger 29 is Cannondale's "wimpiest" Overmountain Bike. It has the least amount of travel, and the big wheels add weight, and they o not turn as well.
    Cannondale is doing something stupid for 2014 and is dropping the Claymore and Jekyll MX, so Cannondale technically has no Enduro bikes for 2014. Some consider the Jekyll an enduro bike, so that is what I would use, but not a Trigger 29 because the Trigger is a "Trail" bike.
    Hahahaha....

    Read the MBAction review. It speaks specifically to enduro racing on the Trigger 29er. Or better yet, go ride one.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: devilish_dwarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    118
    Ok. I know that Trigger 29er should be slower on enduro trails than Specialized Enduro or new BMC Trailfox 29er, but I just want to be sure that I won't break it after few rides...

    I've already broke 4 carbon Rush frames in my marathon years, so... yes, I'm a little bit cautious.

  8. #8
    29ers Forever
    Reputation: CannondaleF9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,642
    Quote Originally Posted by runbaileyrun View Post
    Hahahaha....

    Read the MBAction review. It speaks specifically to enduro racing on the Trigger 29er. Or better yet, go ride one.
    I did ride one on a bumpy lot behind a bike shop. The Trigger has a lifter and feels worse than a 100mm travel Scott Spark.
    2013 Trek Cobia- 29er serious mountain bike
    2015 Raleigh Misceo- Gravel bike
    2013 Trek 3700 Disk- play mountain bike

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: devilish_dwarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    118
    Ok, Spark is one of the best racing bikes around, but with that Dt Swiss shock in the back is just pitiful so I can't comprehend why would anyone try to compare that semirigid xc bike with ultra plush trail/am bike!?

  10. #10
    29ers Forever
    Reputation: CannondaleF9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,642
    Quote Originally Posted by devilish_dwarf View Post
    Ok, Spark is one of the best racing bikes around, but with that Dt Swiss shock in the back is just pitiful so I can't comprehend why would anyone try to compare that semirigid xc bike with ultra plush trail/am bike!?
    When I rode the Spark it felt as good as the Trigger.
    The Cannondale lifter system I would not call plush, as you have to ride over big bumps to get any travel out of it. If anything the Cannondale is semirigid, while the Scott is plush.
    IDK, the FOX shocks for 2014 will probably be an improvement.
    2013 Trek Cobia- 29er serious mountain bike
    2015 Raleigh Misceo- Gravel bike
    2013 Trek 3700 Disk- play mountain bike

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-14-2013, 12:12 PM
  2. Trigger 29er 2 review
    By tomahawk84 in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2013, 05:44 PM
  3. Trigger 29er 1 in the house!
    By soulcraft29er in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-13-2013, 04:48 PM
  4. Trigger 29er 1
    By nuckingfuts2 in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2012, 03:13 PM
  5. Any details on Trigger 29er
    By dkestar in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 09:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •