mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Trigger 29er 2 review

Took the TRIGGER 29er 2 out for a 22 mile break in ride yesterday and was completely Blown away by the ride, feel and performance of this bike. Amazingly stiff, super stable at high and low speed, Climbs perfectly, descends so well it is hard to believe that this bike is as perfect as it is. The TRIGGER does everything!

I did happen to snap the chain at the power link which went right back together. The rear derailleur was bent and a little jacked up, I'm not sure what I hit or what happened but I got it bent back straight ish and put the chain back together. shifting was unaffected, and I didn't have and problems after that.

The 2.35 hans Demph tires are amazing, smooth, great rolling resistance, and smooth out the ride at 35 psi with tubes, I will be going tubeless this week.

WTB i23 rims were stiff, responsive and added to the great ride, no noticeable flex on hard turns or at speed, the formula hubs roll nicely.

Magura mt2 braks are awesome! Quiet and strong the 180mm rotors worked great, and I had no change in performance during heavy breaking, they stop and lock great when you need it, but are easy to modulate. progressive strong power was smooth every time.

I wasn't really a fan of the x7 shifters, they felt kind of sloppy to me, but I have been riding XT and xo twist on my other bikes.

I think this bike would benefit from an xx1 drivetrain, so I am looking to go 1x11 2014 when x0 or x9 1x11 come out if they do.

The TRIGGER rides quiet and smooth over everything, I can't say enough about how well it rides and how happy I am with my purchase.

The only gripe I have is the suspension has a knock when it is compressed, I have not been able to locate where it is coming from, but it has to do with the rear wheel being mounted because there is no noise when the wheel is removed, when the wheel is on it makes the knocking noise. I have checked all of the bolts, linkage is tight and solid. if anyone has any ideas let me know.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I have recently replaced the drivetrain with shimano xtr shifters, Xt derailleurs, and xt chain and cassette. Bike is riding beautifully.