About 4 months ago I broke my leg playing rugby. It was pretty bad and required surgery after breaking my tibia and fibula (see below). It ended my time as a rugby player but I am also a very avid mountain biker.
During my recovery time I couldn't even be anything but horizontal which gave me a lot of Internet time, when I say Internet time I mean lusting over bike parts and learning from videos etc.
whilst searching I came across a great deal on a trigger 2 2013 carbon frame and although I couldn't do anything yet it would give me something to look forward to and indeed work toward getting better.
Anyway it would be my first full bike build from scratch. Today 14 weeks on from my break I finally took it out after finishing the shifter cables last night. The bike was so good to ride I can't even begin to explain. I'm looking forward to many years on my new bike and just wanted to share it with you good people to see what you think, be it negative or positive. It not only represents my love of mountain biking but the effort I put In to getting better and the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. I dropped a fair bit of HARD earned cash but it's priceless now IMO.
Most of you know already but the trigger comes with a lefty. I went with the kp205 reducer kit for installing my fork. I went with a more aggressive build due to the terrain I ride. I never planned the gold accents but the Joplin had it so I tried a few more and I think it worked nice in the end.
Here's the spec and pics:
* Frame Size & Color: Black white Blue Cannondale Trigger 2 BallisTec Hi-Mod Carbon. Size Large.
* Fork: Rock Shox Revelation 2014 150mm Tapered.
* Brakes: Magura MT2 with BAT. Alligator Windcut 180/160 rotors
* Cranks:Sram S1400
* Front Derailleur: SramX7
* Rear Derailleur: SRAM X9 Type 2 RBC
* Pedals: Blackspire Sub4 (Blue)
* Stem: Spank Spike Race 50mm 0 Rise (Blue)
* Handlebar: Race Face Next Carbon 720mm
* Seatpost: CB Joplin 4
* Saddle: Selle Italia Nekkar
* Bottom Bracket: Sram BB30
* Cassette: Sram PG-1070
* Chain: KMC X-10 Ti Gold
* Headset: SI Reducer KP205
* Grips: ODI Yeti (soon to be TMR Imprint Grips)
* Front Tire: Continental X-King 2 2.4 Protection
* Rear Tire: Continental X-King 2 2.4 Protection
* Wheelset: Easton ea90 XC
* Weight. 24.5 pounds all in.
A big thanks to my AWESOME LBS Martys Reliable Cycle in Morristown New Jersey who gave me loads of advice. I'm actually on my way out now to go buy them a crate of beer. I got a lot of advice on the forum also from you folks over different threads and for that i am eternally thankful for also.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Results 1 to 8 of 8