mtbr member
    Jul 2013

TRAIL 29ER 6 First Upgrades

Just got back into mountain biking..I got a hardtrail 29er. I wanted some advice on what my first upgrades should be. I know I want to get new pedals and was wondering if someone could give me some advice on which ones to get. Thanks!

mtbr member
    I like my Crank Bros Candy 11's, but pedal suggestions will be all over the place. It really is a personal preference thing. Be prepared for a wide range of suggestions.

Nor­wegr
    You really should post up a budget or someone might hop in and suggest a new frame

As for pedals there's tons out there that all do the job well, do you like spd, platforms or perhaps both? The Crank Brothers Mallet2 is a 2-in-1 solution that works quite well.

If weight savings is your thing eggbeaters are very light, as is the pricier models from xpedo.

------------------------------

Having been in your situation with a lower end Cdale bike the first thing I'd look into would be derailleurs, shifters, pedals, cranks and fork (unless the latter is already a lefty).
    It really just depends on how far you want to go with your bike, if you foresee buying something higher end within a year or two I wouldn't spend a whole lot on it. Perhaps just the pedals to fit personal preference.