mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Trade-in Program

I have a beatup 2000 CAAD2 F300 frame with P Bone headshok i want to trade in. My reasons are: the shock is blown and was never good to begin with and i need brakes that work (hydrolic discs) and my frame doesn't support discs.

Does anyone know how much i'd need to pay to get a CAAD5 frame w/ a SI or Fatty headshock? I don't really care which headshock, just one that locks out. If the program doesn't deal with forks than that is ok i guess.

Thank you!

Are you talking to me?

THere is a great trade in program.

Quote Originally Posted by matt719
    I have a beatup 2000 CAAD2 F300 frame with P Bone headshok i want to trade in. My reasons are: the shock is blown and was never good to begin with and i need brakes that work (hydrolic discs) and my frame doesn't support discs.

Does anyone know how much i'd need to pay to get a CAAD5 frame w/ a SI or Fatty headshock? I don't really care which headshock, just one that locks out. If the program doesn't deal with forks than that is ok i guess.

Thank you!
    You can trade up for what you are looking for. Call your local dealer for pricing.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Where can I find out more about this program? I poked around their site and found nothing.

Are you talking to me?

not on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by ions
    Where can I find out more about this program? I poked around their site and found nothing.
    only at dealers.

yuo can upgrade to any fork including Lefty models.

Frame upgrades to most models. including warranty to trade up pricing. It is a VERY impressive list of upgrade options.

I can not talk about the pricing for your area, but check with the local dale dealer. There is a complete listing of the options and pricing in the 2004 dealer pricing packet.

If you have an issue, let me know.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Any Cannondale dealer in my area will have this program or can/have some dealers opted out?

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE!?!
    Whoa....never heard of this....any chance this program would allow me to trade my 2003 4" Lefty DLR up to a Lefty Max?
    --Tod

"I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's law; I merely enforce it."

mtbr member

trade in

most dealers are still doing it--keep calling around and you will find one who will do it. just be prepared as you will probably only get a couple hundred dollars for your frame! if you can go with the lefty max or at least the dlr--it's worth it
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]

Are you talking to me?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygrounder
    Whoa....never heard of this....any chance this program would allow me to trade my 2003 4" Lefty DLR up to a Lefty Max?
    You can go from the DLR to the Max TPC+. As for how many $, I am not at liberty to discuss the cost. Check with your local dealer.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Well I went to one local dealer and they informed me that it's only a frame and fork upgrade deal. Then he tried to convince me that my 97 F1000 wasn't really worth upgrading when a new F600 could be had for $1500 or so. It wasn't really a pressure thing but more of a breakdown of the mathematics. I am more or less satisfied with my bike now except for a couple little things that I can hopefully get on eBay eventually. Plus the fact that my bike is far more capable than my abilities right now buying a completely new bike would be wasteful.

I was just hoping to get a fork with a little more travel than my DD60 at a decent cost. Woe is me I guess.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Optimo frame and fork

I got my bike this way. Optimo/CAAD 5 frame and an Ultra Fatty shock it was just at $500 US.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantB
    I got my bike this way. Optimo/CAAD 5 frame and an Ultra Fatty shock it was just at $500 US.
    What did you trade in? Do you get a different discount depending hte which frame you turn in?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Prices were set?

I think I understood that the trade in prices were uniform no matter what you had to trade in.

Ridin' many miles...

Amazing I hadn't heard of this...

I've called several C'Dale shops in my area (Denver!) and none have mentioned an upgrade program even after I asked about getting my Lefty rebuilt. I guess this is because the program is over, or there's little motivation for the dealer, or they're un-informed.

I'm glad I did a search in this forum about this, or I never would have learned about the possibility!
    Ride dangerously. Take chances.

R.I.P. DogFriend

Just so you know what you are asking for:

I think the fork names go something like this:

Super Fatty = 80mm

Ultra Fatty (lightweight) = 70mm

I don't know if they ever produced a Super Ultra Fatty which would seem to indicate an 80mm travel fork with an aluminum steerer.

SL = 5 position damping adjustment, but does not lock out

D = Lockout type cartridge

I could be off, so someone correct me if I am.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Are upgrades offered on entire bikes? Trade in the old cannondale for a shiny new one?

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by mbakercad
    Are upgrades offered on entire bikes? Trade in the old cannondale for a shiny new one?
    I was wondering the same thing...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Are you talking to me?

No trade in on full bike.

I have the trade up dealer info, if you have questions. I can provide product codes, sizes, models, and fork trade up info. (just no prices. That is between you and your dealer.)

You can trade up to a Gemini, Prophet 4X, Prophet, HT frameset, Six-Thirteen if you want, but not complete bikes. Only framesets. You can even get a Si HT, \Scalpel, or Road frame.

All of the forks are up for grabs with the trade up program. This program is alive and well for 2005.
    gfy

Do You Like To Climb?
    Sep 2004
    I bought my killer v frame using the trade-up program in 1995 (I think). I was riding a Mongoose at the time and had alllllll-ways wanted a 'Dale. I read about it and informed the dealer. They were great. Firm on all pricing, but great. They got the frame, installed the headset and BB and I did the rest. (they charged me full price for the seat post and stem)

I think it might have been eiher $299 or $399. . .or sumthin like that.

Man, that purple 'Dale is STILL with me. I just can't bear to get rid of that piece of art. I never ride it. . .but it is super-light and super-cool looking.

Well, . . . .and SoCal guys interested in a custom purple killer v - 17" bike. . . or my 1999 Super V 900 (with magura discs and NEW XT Drivetrain?) size large?

Locals will get a decent deal. . . . I don't wanna deal with shipping 'cause UPS sux0rs!

Do You Like To Climb?
    Sep 2004
    OH, the point of my post was that the dealer didn't even want the mongoose frame. . . .just a way for customers to get a 'Dale frame at a discount.