mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Trade In Policy?

Does anyone have any info on Cannondale's trade in policy? When I purchased my Jeckyl 600 in VA Beach the dealer took my old F400 in for trade. I am now in CA trying to trade my Jeckyl in for a Prophet but the dealer says they do not do trade ins. I thought that all Cannondale dealers took trade ins. Thanks for any help.

Out riding my Scalpel

Your LBS is a joke..go elsewhere

I deal with a great LBS and Cannondale does have a trade-in program. Call your LBS on it. Contact Cannondale directly to find another LBS in your area that is willing to help you out. I'm trading in my 2003 Jekyll next season for a 2006 Prophet and my LBS is true to their word. I saw the information on the trade-in program at the shop. So it's is true. Good-luck!

Checkout link:

Trade in program: Who needs info?

BRILLIANT!
    I just inquired about the policy myself at my LBS when I was getting my Prophet. I dont know all the specifics, but the program is frame for frame. Apparently there is a reference book the dealer should have.

I was going to get a $300 discount on a Prophet frame ($350 for the 4000) by giving up my '00 F400 frame. Price to me was around $850 for the frame ($1050 for the 4000). From what I gathered the discount amount varied on 1) the frame you are trading in and 2) the frame set you want. Meaning I problably wasnt going to get $350 for another F series.

If a dealer chooses to take a full bike in for trade, that would be an individual policy. My LBS does that as well, however dont expect much that route. Thats why my F400 is on Ebay right now.

Seems to me like they just didnt want to hassell with it and were trying to push one off the shelf. Which is the way I went, mainly because my leftover components wern't going to cut it on the new bike and there would not be any down time building a bike.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    I'm with SubZero here, your LBS is a bunch of lazy......... They do offer it, but be aware, it is for frame only, so you will get a frame, and pay to switch components over if you do not do it yourself. It tends to be a nice chunk off, if I remember correctly, the last one I quoted was a hardtail frame, and it took about $200 off, not bad for trading in anything broken or otherwise, with a cannondale name on it! Good luck.

Members who have read this thread: 0