Stray Bullet

Trade In Credit when purchasing a Cannondale

I was chatting with the Cannondale guys about pricing on the Perp frameset this weekend at Sea Otter. When I asked about pricing the rep said there were three prices; standard msrp, Cannondale trade-in price, and non-Cannondale trade in price.

Anyone know what the non-Cannondale trade in discount is?
    How about the terms and conditions?

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    I was chatting with the Cannondale guys about pricing on the Perp frameset this weekend at Sea Otter. When I asked about pricing the rep said there were three prices; standard msrp, Cannondale trade-in price, and non-Cannondale trade in price.

Flat 35%

No seriously, how can anyone tell you that?
    Um , what kind of Non Canndonale are your trading in?
    What year is it?
    What kind of condition is it in???

What does a car dealer give for trade-ins?

There is no flat answer.............................

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleTony
    Flat 35%

No seriously, how can anyone tell you that?
    Um , what kind of Non Canndonale are your trading in?
    What year is it?
    What kind of condition is it in???

What does a car dealer give for trade-ins?

There is no flat answer.............................
    I was talking to the guys at Cannondale demo trailer at Sea Otter and that is what he said. That is all I have to go on.

Figured asking here would be a waste of time.

Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    I was talking to the guys at Cannondale demo trailer at Sea Otter and that is what he said. That is all I have to go on.

Figured asking here would be a waste of time.
    You figured right, at least phrasing your question like you did. However, please let it be known the wasting part was yours.
    I have a coin from the yard...Whats it worth?
    I imagine if you took your Titus Exogrid Full-on XTR to your Cdale dealer it'd be an even swap.
    How bout that huffy you have laying around.
    You wanted a very specific answer

But in return you gave us nothing to go on. Imagine taking your bike to the......dealer......and asking him what the deal is going to be , since he is the one who be making the offer, not us.
    We still dont know what kind of bike/age/condition......Even then the answer you seek will remain purely speculative...
    You ask alot of an online forum, whose members are spread about the counry (Globe) without even a hint of what you have, much less a pic.
    Believe me people here Like to answer questions.............
    CDT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleTony
    You figured right, at least phrasing your question like you did. However, please let it be known the wasting part was yours.
    I have a coin from the yard...Whats it worth?
    I imagine if you took your Titus Exogrid Full-on XTR to your Cdale dealer it'd be an even swap.
    How bout that huffy you have laying around.
    You wanted a very specific answer

But in return you gave us nothing to go on. Imagine taking your bike to the......dealer......and asking him what the deal is going to be , since he is the one who be making the offer, not us.
    We still dont know what kind of bike/age/condition......Even then the answer you seek will remain purely speculative...
    You ask alot of an online forum, whose members are spread about the counry (Globe) without even a hint of what you have, much less a pic.
    Believe me people here Like to answer questions.............
    CDT
    Not real sure why you are being an a$$ in BOTH of you replies to someone who asks a legitimate questions, but I think you are the one who should pay more attention to phrasing responses, especially for a supposed Moderator

I read the initial post and fully understood that a cannondale rep told him there was a discount. I also know, as any dealer hopefully does, that Cannondale runs a program for old FRAMES. We usually take the old frames, cut the bottom bracket out and throw the rest away.

To the OP - the discount is taken off the retail price of the frame only. Different discount for different frames. Not many people actually ever do this because it is usually more cost effective to buy the whole bike. Most people see the cost differences and decide to just pony up for the complete bike, then sell their old one on Ebay or something to cover some of the difference. You weill need to contact your local dealer for the exact prices

mtbr member
    Thanks for posting that TiRyder.
    I was thinking the same thing about CdaleTony being an A$$ in his replies.

Quote Originally Posted by TiRyder
    To the OP - the discount is taken off the retail price of the frame only. Different discount for different frames.
    I had heard that it was a flat rate in dollars not a percentage for non cannondale trades toward a new frame?
    And as for different discounts for different frames you mean because Cannondale frame models very in msrp right?
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by TiRyder
    Not real sure why you are being an a$$ in BOTH of you replies to someone who asks a legitimate questions, but I think you are the one who should pay more attention to phrasing responses, especially for a supposed Moderator

I read the initial post and fully understood that a cannondale rep told him there was a discount. I also know, as any dealer hopefully does, that Cannondale runs a program for old FRAMES. We usually take the old frames, cut the bottom bracket out and throw the rest away.

To the OP - the discount is taken off the retail price of the frame only. Different discount for different frames. Not many people actually ever do this because it is usually more cost effective to buy the whole bike. Most people see the cost differences and decide to just pony up for the complete bike, then sell their old one on Ebay or something to cover some of the difference. You weill need to contact your local dealer for the exact prices
    Thank you!

Jun 2005
    Ok
    Sorry

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by Trabso
    Thanks for posting that TiRyder.
    I was thinking the same thing about CdaleTony being an A$$ in his replies.

I had heard that it was a flat rate in dollars not a percentage for non cannondale trades toward a new frame?
    And as for different discounts for different frames you mean because Cannondale frame models very in msrp right?
    It very well might be a flat dollar figure, I'm really not sure. The gentleman I spoke to couldn't eleborate because he wasn't familar with the pricing of the Perp.

I've put a call into my local dealer. They should be getting back to me sometime next week. I'll be sure to let everyone know what I learn.

mtbr member
    my feelings are hurt too.
    and i have a boo-boo on my knee.