mtbr member

Torque wrenching my RZ140 pivots

Hi, I am new to the forum and was hoping someone could help with a problem I have been having with my RZ140 5. I love the bike, can't believe how light it feels, however, the main pivot has come loose 3 times now. When it is loose it causes problems with brake squeaking as well as causing problems with chain and gears. I have had the link re torqued twice now.
    My question is, is it normal for the linkages to be tightened three times in 4 months and is their anything else I should be doing as well as torque wrenching the main pivot?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Loctite

I normally just put a drop of blue loctite on the threads and let it sit overnight before taking it for a ride. Everything has stayed in place since.
    YAARRR!!!

mtbr member
    Thanks for that, it seems that mine is being set properly (with lactate), but is coming loose regularly. Could there be other reasons for the main pivot link coming loose?

Helmetless Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgs010 View Post
    Thanks for that, it seems that mine is being set properly (with lactate), but is coming loose regularly. Could there be other reasons for the main pivot link coming loose?
    Well, lactate tends not to work so well w/ bikes.

Seriously, don't know how much wear/tear is on yours, but you may wanna just replace the pivot harware. Other than that, just make sure that everything is clean/dry before you apply the loctite and trq to spec.