Thread: Tire Levers

I'm Riding It
    Apr 2005

Tire Levers

Is it possible to order just the tire levers for the headtube tool from Cannondale?
    Unfortunately, I lost the tire levers off my tool while transporting my bike to a ride on the bike rack. I loved the concept of the tool, and I'd love to be able to replace just the levers instead of buying an entire new tool..
    Once things are back to normal, I plan on wrapping a tiny bit of tape around the levers to keep them from falling off (my friend has had the same problems).
    Thanks for any help.
    www.bikeride.ca
    Alberta born-n-raised mountain bike racer.

LA CHÈVRE
    Just forget tire levers, it's better (for the rims and the tires, especially UST) to dismount and remount tires by hand. With proper technique, it's as fast by hand than by using levers...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

I'm Riding It
    Apr 2005
    I usually go by hand at home, but in the middle of a race I am much faster using tire levers. But even then, its not the tire levers thats the biggest deal, its more the chain removal tool located on 1 of the tire levers that I need. I break chains quite often, so it's definitely needed.
    www.bikeride.ca

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I took the plastic headtube cap and placed it at the bottom of tube with a couple of dabs of E6000 in case the multitool comes apart so I dont loose any pieces.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by oilerfan30
    I usually go by hand at home, but in the middle of a race I am much faster using tire levers. But even then, its not the tire levers thats the biggest deal, its more the chain removal tool located on 1 of the tire levers that I need. I break chains quite often, so it's definitely needed.
    That chain tool is not very sturdy. Mine broke after only 5 times of actually using it.

I'm Riding It
    Apr 2005
    hmmm...okay. I might possibly be ditching the tool then and throwing something in my saddlebag.
    www.bikeride.ca