mtbr member
    Aug 2008

New question here. time for a fork change

Background: my 2006 Rush has the bonded 110mm lefty, but it's never been right. Leaked air, leaks oil, bearings crunchy etc. I live in Singapore, and the Cannondale dealer is not someone who I trust to work on my bike. (my opinion only) An example is their stripping of the little top nut for the lock out lever, which they just left inside when last they 'serviced' my shock.
    I considered sending the shock back to U.S. to Mendon, but no matter how good a job they do, it will come back to S.E. Asia where there is poor service. I should also note that early on, Cannondale customer service was very helpful and the guys in Hong Kong replaced internals etc. in an effort to make it right.

Plan: to replace the 110mm lefty with either a reba 120mm or sid 120mm. There are currently deals to be had, esp on the tapered forks. the 10mm difference in travel, and the geometry change aren't issues as I don't do anything wacky that would put huge stress on the bike anyhow.

Question: Is there a headset for Cannondale that takes the .0629 difference in diameter of the lower bearing into account? Is there a shim? Or should I pony up a bit more and just use the 1 1/8 fork with the cane creek Cannondale headset? Also appreciated would be ideas for what fork to use. I narrowed down to reba or sid 120mm, but perhaps you have experience or other ideas??

Ideas that include the use of duct tape get a bonus! Thanks very much for your input.
    Last edited by yakster; 09-06-2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: no replies