Results 1 to 95 of 95
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46

    For those that were curious about the '08 F7

    Most of the threads that I've seen on the F7 are that no one knows that much about them. In my limited way I figured I would share mine (I'm a bit of a novice biker, as I just started back up after 20 years and this was a good bike for my wallet)

    Frame -CO2 Alloy
    Fork -RST Gila Pro T8, 100 mm
    Headset -Slim Stack A-Head
    Hubs -Formula OV31/32
    Spokes -Stainless Steel
    Tires -CST Caballero, 26 x 2.1
    Crankset -Shimano FC-M311
    Bottom Bracket -FSA TH-7420ST
    Chain -KMC 8-speed
    Front Derailleur -Shimano FD-M311
    Rear Derailleur -Shimano Alivio
    Shifters -Shimano ST-EF50
    Handlebars -ZOOM, 20 mm rise
    Stem -Cannondale XC3
    Brake Levers -Shimano ST-EF50
    Brakes -Tektro 836 V-Brake
    Pedals -Wellgo alloy platform
    Saddle -Cannondale XC
    Seat Post -Kalloy SP-359


























  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    554
    It looks ok to me, can you post a larger pic of the complete bike please?
    Thx

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46
    How's this?


  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SlipperyPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    360
    Nice ride, man. Diggin' those colors and the "f7" decal.

    Looks like the welding is a little different on these. And a regular 1 1/8 headtube. Makes sense.

    Now you just need to get it dirty!

  5. #5
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Very nice color! Enjoy it!

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
    Nice ride, man. Diggin' those colors and the "f7" decal.

    Looks like the welding is a little different on these. And a regular 1 1/8 headtube. Makes sense.

    Now you just need to get it dirty!
    Gotten dirty already... Unfortunately now I've had 2 ingrown nails removed on weds and my feet are too tender for my shoes...hhe, gonna try sunday.. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I did get the xtra large frame though. The large wasn't quite big enough for me (6'1 with 34" inseam)

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Very nice color! Enjoy it!

    Thanx

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    554
    It looks better than the regular Trek, Specialized, Giant, etc. as I expected. The 1 1/8 headtube makes sense as SP said but too bad this frames doesn't accept a Fatty or Lefty, is this the begining of the end?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    Look, Cannondale decals .
    Last edited by az1jeff; 07-30-2007 at 09:13 PM.

  10. #10
    Like catnip for people
    Reputation: ar1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by jiar577
    is this the begining of the end?
    Yes... it is.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46
    Well, you can get a 1-1/8th adapter to handle a lefty. Don't know how well it works though

  12. #12
    7hz
    7hz is offline
    Old newbie
    Reputation: 7hz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff
    Look, Cannondale decals .
    Hey, that's unfair!

    It has Cannondale grips as well!


  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: majura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    523

    I tried to tell everyone- deaf eyes.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
    Looks like the welding is a little different on these. And a regular 1 1/8 headtube. Makes sense.
    Coming from a shop that sells these and have had them in stock for a while... Somewhere in that 'other' thread is a description, alas everyone was more concerned about China's Socio/politcal status. Despite the fact that there's a nice black and white sticker on the bottom of the frames saying 'Made in Taiwan'.

    Anyway, they're coming out in a range of really nice finishes- might take a few pics and post them for you all.

    NB: the F6 is the bike with the larger HT to accept Lefties (although spec'd with a RS Dart 3).

    But good buy- you're getting a nice light frame that you can build up on

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46
    Hey, for me it's a good bike for a novice. It's comfortable, drivetrain is smooth, and I can always get an adapter if I really wanna ride lefty (though I would go to a full suspension frame 1st)...

  15. #15
    Cannondale Snob
    Reputation: RiskEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    715
    Nice TJ
    '06 Cannondale Rush 1000 4" travel 27lbs
    '04 Cannondale F600 SOBE -STOLEN!
    '96 Cannondale Uber-V 6" travel 30lbs

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    14
    just got mine yesterday!!


  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46
    The only thing I changed on mine was the pedals to a set of shimano clipless.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    459
    Looks like more of a legit bike than most low end offerings from the other guys. It doesnt have a short, high rise stem and fugly looks of some other cheapies.

    Funny how its spec'd with the same seat/grips/tires as my Rush 4, which runs about 6x as much as the F7...they really skimped on those parts for the Rush.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604

    Not saving that much.

    2007 Cannondale F5 disc - $579 Made in the USA.
    2008 Cannondale F7 disc - $500 Made overseas.
    2008 Cannondale F7 rim brakes - $400 Made overseas.

    A $79 dollar savings for a bike spec'd closely, that is manufactured in the USA vs. one that is manufactured in China/Taiwan. Spend the extra $79(disc)/$179(rim). No preaching, it’s simple math. $80 bucks and you can support America.

    jeff.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff
    2007 Cannondale F5 disc - $579 Made in the USA.
    2008 Cannondale F7 disc - $500 Made overseas.
    2008 Cannondale F7 rim brakes - $400 Made overseas.

    A $79 dollar savings for a bike spec'd closely, that is manufactured in the USA vs. one that is manufactured in China/Taiwan. Spend the extra $79(disc)/$179(rim). No preaching, it’s simple math. $80 bucks and you can support America.

    jeff.
    Guess you didn't notice the rest of the asian stuff attached to the f5/f6/f7/caffiene, every other bike made. To be honest, I would support American made products more if America still took pride in their products. Between major us manufacturers looking to cut corners and the unions raping the corps forcing them to cut even more corners in order to just keep up..well.. my opinion anyway. (And I live in the steel town of pittsburgh where unions put most of the steel mills outta business. )

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604

    focus

    Quote Originally Posted by rlith
    Guess you didn't notice the rest of the asian stuff attached to the f5/f6/f7/caffiene, )
    You guessed wrong. This thread pertains to Cannondale, the bicycle frame manufacture and where they are made. Cannondale. Not it’s components. Get it?

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    241

    Only the frame???

    Then why is Cannondale so keen on promoting its concept of System Integration; the total is more then the sum of its parts?

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604

    What's your point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jowan
    Then why is Cannondale so keen on promoting its concept of System Integration; the total is more then the sum of its parts?
    Your point isn't clear. .

  24. #24
    Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff
    2007 Cannondale F5 disc - $579 Made in the USA.
    2008 Cannondale F7 disc - $500 Made overseas.
    2008 Cannondale F7 rim brakes - $400 Made overseas.

    A $79 dollar savings for a bike spec'd closely, that is manufactured in the USA vs. one that is manufactured in China/Taiwan. Spend the extra $79(disc)/$179(rim). No preaching, it’s simple math. $80 bucks and you can support America.

    jeff.
    f4 thru f7 are all asian manufactured. The f4 gets bedford assembly because it is Headshok.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by bad ronald
    f4 thru f7 are all asian manufactured. The f4 gets bedford assembly because it is Headshok.
    No, you're wrong. Here's the '07 F5, made in USA, no headshok:

  26. #26
    Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    645
    I didn't see you were comparing the '08 range against an '07. Either way, there are more reasons than the transparent ones as to why making low end models off shore made sense. Not to mention you are still supporting Americans. The bedford plant benefits from being able to make higher end bikes without the distraction of making lower end bikes. From what I know there has been no RIF and I am sure selling more bikes to more people will only offer more opportunities for the people at the plant and HQ.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    That's what's available right now and what the consumer can choose from. I'm saying for less than $200, and in some cases less than $100, they can get the one from the USA.

    From what I know there has been no RIF and I am sure selling more bikes to more people will only offer more opportunities for the people at the plant and HQ.
    Corporations have been using this excuse for decades, right before they close it down. Now I’m not a Cannondale employee that works directly in manufacturing, but it’s a safe bet that Cannondale off shoring bikes doesn't sit well in the ‘ol job security department if you know what I mean. Would you??

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1





    I preordered this before it came out. Literally the first person in Oklahoma to have the bike... Here's my reviews...

    The bike was shipped with bent handle bars, i was not happy.
    The shocks are nice, the frame and seat are nice, the tires and rims are great as well. The disc brakes are excellent, however the components I feel are lacking. I've yet to even take it mildly off road, and the shifter already has been replaced. Shifting gears for me was about a 70 percent chance that the chain would come off either on the large chainring or the small, no difference.

    For dropping 550 bucks i would expect more from Cannondale. I feel like i paid more for the name than for the quaility of the bike.

    I'll update my review, as understandably, mine could've had malfunctions with parts or in shipping.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: broomhandle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    789
    so what are the tawain bikes made of? just says CAAD. are they caffeines? and has anybody ridden these hard yet? also, these bikes ARE aimed at the lower end scale to compete with the treks and specialized made over seas. most of the shops around me have stopped carrying cannondale for that reason, they dont sell. its hard to have a bike shop and make money, alone just selling bikes. walmarts have really hurt lower end bike sales. i bet most people would go spend 300 bucks on a walmart schwinn over taking the time and going to a LBS.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46
    Well, this bike is meant to compete on a price vs quality level with other entry level bikes.

    According to the techs over at Cannondale whom I've talked to a few times. The actual frame material is the same as the american models. 6061 aluminum alloy. The same formula is used on both the american and the asian made ones. The asian ones are manufactured at their plant to the AMERICAN specifications. The only difference is the cost of the materials.

    They do use a less expensive cassette, shifter/brake setup and fork than the f6 but overall its still pound for pound the same quality.

    Personally I've been beating the hell out of this bike, including a few good 5 and 6 ft straight down ledge drops on some of the back trails I've been doing. No problems yet. Shifting is smooth (surprising with the alivio apparently) and overall I've been pretty happy with it. Frame sizing is still good with their womens, small, medium, large and xtra large frames (I have the XL)

    The frame also has a lifetime warranty on it, so baring getting impaled on a crossmember, I don't have any probs is I crack the frame in a few years. I'll get a new one, and then upgrade the frame/fork. Again, it's a good bike. Much better for the money (380.00) than other bikes in that range (trek, specialized) and offers a superior product at less price and weight. JMO anyway.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by rlith
    The asian ones are manufactured at their plant to the AMERICAN specifications. The only difference is the cost of the materials.
    .

    . . . and the fact that the job of building the frame is now in the hands of the Chinese vs.an American.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff
    . . . and the fact that the job of building the frame is now in the hands of the Chinese vs.an American.
    So what? Just because someone is foreign doesn't mean they can't do as well as Americans. In fact that is why so much electronics manufacturing is done overseas. America can't compete because of the unions. I believe in a fair wage for the worker as much as the next guy, the problem that most unions in America have, is that most unions are nothing but legal extortionists.

    Cut down to a FAIR wage not an exorbitant one and ill defend the union man to his death. Feel free to buy American, but unfortunately you will suffer the quality because the manufacturer had to pay the unions ridiculous concessions.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    10
    what? i just bought my fiance a F7, i thought they were made in the U.S thats why i got her a cannodale, that kinda peevs me off. Looks like i should have got another jamis

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    10
    wow i just checked and sure enough it says made in taiwan. i just bought the bike for her today i wonder if they would take it bake. I would rather buy somthing made in america

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by rlith
    So what? Just because someone is foreign doesn't mean they can't do as well as Americans. In fact that is why so much electronics manufacturing is done overseas. .
    So what?? Anybody that doesn't see the problem of a job that was done here (USA), and argues in favor of the foreign competition, is either A. not an American, or B. a vested interest in outsourcing.

    I do not agree that the frames manufactured here vs. there are the same in consistent quality. I worked for a huge fortune 500 manufacture. I saw first hand the difference in quality. I know what the working conditions are there vs. here. It’s night and day. And those differences WILL translate to poor quality. That’s my opinion, and it’s mine. Throw rocks at me all you want, but there’s a reason all wal-mart’s bikes are made in Taiwan and China. They’re cheaply made, in every sense of the word cheap.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by jamis63tb
    wow i just checked and sure enough it says made in taiwan. i just bought the bike for her today i wonder if they would take it bake. I would rather buy somthing made in america
    Actually I think the F6 was made in Taiwan as well. Besides, it's a well made bike. Just because it was made in Taiwan shouldn't matter. Are you gonna return all your equipment (Shimano stuff) because it was made there?

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: majura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by rlith
    Actually I think the F6 was made in Taiwan as well. Besides, it's a well made bike. Just because it was made in Taiwan shouldn't matter. Are you gonna return all your equipment (Shimano stuff) because it was made there?

    Yep, made in Taiwan. What may shock you more, Malaysia is where all the Shimano love happens (bar some DA and XTR parts). Could people please learn that Taiwan is not China (although your government would like you to believe that it is- so they can keep their trade deal).

    I can vouch for the claim that quality control is not as high. Each F6 I build, I have to pull apart the Headset because there are metal shavings all inside (this is common amongst cheap bikes, they save money in assembly). However, the frames made in Taiwan are not all the same. That would be like saying 'all *insert country here* made cars are great'. Different factories/production lines means differing quality. The Scott and Avanti bikes that I build above the $1500 AUD price need very little work in assembly.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jdr01930's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by dgilpin
    ... Shifting gears for me was about a 70 percent chance that the chain would come off either on the large chainring or the small, no difference...
    My son's new F6 was doing the same thing on our first ride. Stopped by the shop afterwards, they tweaked something on the front derailleur and it's fine now.

    There was also quite a bit of chain slap.. I though maybe the chain needed a few links removed, but the acid test of putting the chain on largest gears said otherwise.
    Put a lizard skin on, nice and quiet now. (not really sure, but I'm thinkin maybe the lower end deraileurs don't "pull back" as hard, so more chain slap on the lower end ones?)

    Just to confirm what the others have indicated, his F6 has a Made in Taiwan sticker on it.
    I think it's kinda funny that they slap extra Cannondale decals on it - it's really over kill. Like the the thing has complex and thinks it has to convince the world it's a "real" Cannondale. (sure rides like it is!)
    '15 Cannondale Trigger 27.5 Carbon 2
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by rlith
    Actually I think the F6 was made in Taiwan as well. Besides, it's a well made bike. Just because it was made in Taiwan shouldn't matter. Are you gonna return all your equipment (Shimano stuff) because it was made there?
    It matters to me if i can by somthing american made i will not buy it just because its american made but also because all those things made in taiwan, china etc have to be shipped here and that just adds to are co2 emmisions, we need to do anything possible even it seems that little to help our planet

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by jamis63tb
    It matters to me if i can by somthing american made i will not buy it just because its american made but also because all those things made in taiwan, china etc have to be shipped here and that just adds to are co2 emmisions, we need to do anything possible even it seems that little to help our planet
    I know you said it matters to you to buy American. And I agree with you about the added pollution of all that shipping of imports. But why is the unproven theory of “global warming” the priority in how you use your buying power? Why not let something real, like using that buying power to support your own country be your priority before you save the whole planet? Just a thought.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ZombieWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by jamis63tb
    It matters to me if i can by somthing american made i will not buy it just because its american made but also because all those things made in taiwan, china etc have to be shipped here and that just adds to are co2 emmisions, we need to do anything possible even it seems that little to help our planet
    Where do you think your Jamis is made?

    Also, I don't understand the idea that the Taiwan-made Cannondales are somehow taking something away from American workers. This is not a case of existing production moving overseas. This is Cannondale simply broadening their market. Now instead of people buying a $400 Trek, Giant, or Jamis, they can buy a $400 Cannondale. Then when those buyers decide to move up to a higher end bike, they will already have some brand loyalty to Cannondale.

  42. #42
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff
    I know you said it matters to you to buy American. And I agree with you about the added pollution of all that shipping of imports. But why is the unproven theory of “global warming” the priority in how you use your buying power? Why not let something real, like using that buying power to support your own country be your priority before you save the whole planet? Just a thought.
    I hope you're kidding...



    You're kidding right?

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    What's on you're mind?

  44. #44
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Supporting your local economy is a good thing but... You seem to imply the whole planet is not important, that we should prioritize the US banks over the health of the planet... Global warming is very real, you may not feel it where you live but I do. It can be felt in almost every part of the world. This is a fact, except for the US it seems. Remember what happened in New Orleans? Have you seen the snow storms where there shouldn't be all over the south of the US last winter? People in Holland can't go skate on canals anymore because they stopped freezing in the last few years, the ski industry is seriously feeling the global warming... The planet is &?$#ed up. This is not a conspiracy thing... Selfish attitudes like that are what makes the US so hated from the rest of the world, they think they are better than everyone, they don't care about the others unless they can get more money and power from them...

    Supporting the planet is by far a more important reason for not buying Asian made product. That's especially true when, like it was said, Cannondale didn't kicked half their employees to go to Asia. Their staff, making quality bikes in the US are still doing it today. Lower ends bike were added and the only way to do so at competitive prices was to go to Asia. You know what? That will bring more money into America anyway.

    Saving the planet is a top priority and it should be to everyone because you know what? The US, last time I checked, were on the same planet as the rest so screw the planet and you are screwed too. Saving the whole planet will also save the US.

    I'm not saying you shouldn't support your local economy, I just think you are taking the environment issue way too lightly and that you shouldn't say to someone who tries to help save the planet that it's not a good reason to buy US made products.

    That's what's on my mind. People don't realise the state our planet's in...

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: broomhandle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    789
    why is this topic always a novel? the company is American still. its there choice, its not just for fun. its do it or die i bet... and its just the frame. its not like its a car or anything.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: broomhandle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    789
    and for global warming, if anybody got a problem its china who is still using steam engines and cutting down rain forests. and putting lead in toys..

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Supporting your local economy is a good thing but... You seem to imply the whole planet is not important, that we should prioritize the US banks over the health of the planet... Global warming is very real, you may not feel it where you live but I do. It can be felt in almost every part of the world. This is a fact, except for the US it seems. Remember what happened in New Orleans? Have you seen the snow storms where there shouldn't be all over the south of the US last winter? People in Holland can't go skate on canals anymore because they stopped freezing in the last few years, the ski industry is seriously feeling the global warming... The planet is &?$#ed up. This is not a conspiracy thing... Selfish attitudes like that are what makes the US so hated from the rest of the world, they think they are better than everyone, they don't care about the others unless they can get more money and power from them...

    Supporting the planet is by far a more important reason for not buying Asian made product. That's especially true when, like it was said, Cannondale didn't kicked half their employees to go to Asia. Their staff, making quality bikes in the US are still doing it today. Lower ends bike were added and the only way to do so at competitive prices was to go to Asia. You know what? That will bring more money into America anyway.

    Saving the planet is a top priority and it should be to everyone because you know what? The US, last time I checked, were on the same planet as the rest so screw the planet and you are screwed too. Saving the whole planet will also save the US.

    I'm not saying you shouldn't support your local economy, I just think you are taking the environment issue way too lightly and that you shouldn't say to someone who tries to help save the planet that it's not a good reason to buy US made products.

    That's what's on my mind. People don't realise the state our planet's in...


    Use all the googling might you want. But the fact is, “global warming” is unproven. There is no scientific and unanimous consensus whether it is natural climate fluctuation(s) or human caused.

    The USA is real. It’s my country and your country. THAT a person can support for real. Stating the obvious, the USA has some of the most stringent environmental policies imposed on its industries on the planet. Why do you think these greedy multi-nationals and fortune 500’s head overseas?? To save costs and skirt the environmental laws here. It’s common knowledge the industrial environmental standards over there are slim to none. So by keeping the products here, and by buying that American made Cannondale, keeps the manufacturing HERE where the impact to the environment is less significant because of the higher environmental manufacturing standards here.

    I never said the planet is not important. I am saying the world is still not a nice place. The USA still must look out for the USA first. Does that 911 thing ring a bell? Save the planet you say? Do you think Islamic extremists are all that concerned for global warming?? Hell no, their counting on us diverting our focus on “global warming” and exploiting that as a weakness. Not to mention the Chinese counting on us spending billions on this nonsense. Do you see China involved in Kyoto??

    I’m not criticising anybody who wants to do their part for the environment, but that’s their choice. Doesn’t make them more enlightened, just more controlled. Why? It is a politically motivated, power-grabbing ploy to get votes that prey on the liberal guilt ridden

    Yes. USA first. Not selfish, that’s reality in today’s still very hostile world.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff
    I know you said it matters to you to buy American. And I agree with you about the added pollution of all that shipping of imports. But why is the unproven theory of “global warming” the priority in how you use your buying power? Why not let something real, like using that buying power to support your own country be your priority before you save the whole planet? Just a thought.
    wow man ur a genius who cares about the planent. I cant save the whole world but we all can but it because of **^^%%$ idiots like u that we are still at were we are we all have to make an effort no matter how small. i ride my bike to school even though i only leave 1 mile away it still helps cut down on co 2 emmisions. Oh and in case ur wondering i would choose to save the whole planet over are country because without the planet quess what!!!! i am not gonna argue with u about global warming, but if u tell me pollution and every thing else that we do to this planet is nt real i feel really sorry for u and when did i say that global warming was my priority in how i use my buying power?WAKE UP look at what were doing to this planet. U make me sick

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff

    Use all the googling might you want. But the fact is, “global warming” is unproven. There is no scientific and unanimous consensus whether it is natural climate fluctuation(s) or human caused.

    The USA is real. It’s my country and your country. THAT a person can support for real. Stating the obvious, the USA has some of the most stringent environmental policies imposed on its industries on the planet. Why do you think these greedy multi-nationals and fortune 500’s head overseas?? To save costs and skirt the environmental laws here. It’s common knowledge the industrial environmental standards over there are slim to none. So by keeping the products here, and by buying that American made Cannondale, keeps the manufacturing HERE where the impact to the environment is less significant because of the higher environmental manufacturing standards here.

    I never said the planet is not important. I am saying the world is still not a nice place. The USA still must look out for the USA first. Does that 911 thing ring a bell? Save the planet you say? Do you think Islamic extremists are all that concerned for global warming?? Hell no, their counting on us diverting our focus on “global warming” and exploiting that as a weakness. Not to mention the Chinese counting on us spending billions on this nonsense. Do you see China involved in Kyoto??

    I’m not criticising anybody who wants to do their part for the environment, but that’s their choice. Doesn’t make them more enlightened, just more controlled. Why? It is a politically motivated, power-grabbing ploy to get votes that prey on the liberal guilt ridden

    Yes. USA first. Not selfish, that’s reality in today’s still very hostile world.
    LOLLOLOLOLOLOL WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW
    people like you honestly man are pathetic

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: majura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by jamis63tb
    ... every thing else that we do to this planet is nt real i feel really sorry for u and when did i say that global warming was my priority in how i use my buying power?WAKE UP look at what were doing to this planet. U make me sick
    Maybe you could help save the world's culture by remembering how to spell correctly?

    Or possibly, if you actually are honest with yourself- walk to school with bare feet. Riding causes wear on your drivetrain, tyres, cables, grips, gloves etc. Hence you need to replace/maintain these with petroleum and ore derived products (rubber, teflon or all the energy to transport/warehouse these goods to you etc.). Hmm, when you think about it... maybe if you just ate mashed potatoes it would all be better?

  51. #51
    wjs
    wjs is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    20
    I’m not sure, but isn’t that the 2008 models are made overseas and 2007 + older in the US?

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWV
    Where do you think your Jamis is made?

    Also, I don't understand the idea that the Taiwan-made Cannondales are somehow taking something away from American workers. This is not a case of existing production moving overseas. This is Cannondale simply broadening their market. Now instead of people buying a $400 Trek, Giant, or Jamis, they can buy a $400 Cannondale. Then when those buyers decide to move up to a higher end bike, they will already have some brand loyalty to Cannondale.
    well bud my jamis is made in america and it cost a lil more then 400 bucks

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    10
    [QUOTE=majura]Maybe you could help save the world's culture by remembering how to spell correctly?

    Or possibly, if you actually are honest with yourself- walk to school with bare feet. Riding causes wear on your drivetrain, tyres, cables, grips, gloves etc. Hence you need to replace/maintain these with petroleum and ore derived products (rubber, teflon or all the energy to transport/warehouse these goods to you etc.). Hmm, when you think about it... maybe if you just ate mashed potatoes it would all be better?[/Qi


    iam just tryung to help out a little i could care less if u understand. and i thinking riding will be good enough i see no need to walk. I do liked mashed potatoes espicially ur moms

  54. #54
    wjs
    wjs is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    20
    Error!
    Last edited by wjs; 08-16-2007 at 07:25 AM.

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ZombieWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by wjs
    I’m not sure, but isn’t that the 2008 models are made overseas and 2007 + older in the US?

    For 2008 only the lower end mountain bikes (and some of the carbon bikes) are produced overseas. In 2007, Cannondale didn't have lower end mountain bikes (sub $600). Except for maybe a couple of models, nothing was "moved" overseas.

  56. #56
    Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by jamis63tb
    well bud my jamis is made in america and it cost a lil more then 400 bucks
    Are you sure you are not confusing "Designed in America" with "Made in America?"

  57. #57
    no excuses
    Reputation: txF5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    113
    I bought a F5 back in feb and it has 'hand made in america' all over it. I love this bike and plan to upgrade it as I can. I felt it was the best bang for the buck in the price range I was in. If I get a full suspension bike, I plan on getting a non carbon rush.
    2011 GT Sensor 29r Pro
    Fox Racing
    Don Johle's Bike World

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: broomhandle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous

    Supporting the planet is by far a more important reason for not buying Asian made product. That's especially true when, like it was said, Cannondale didn't kicked half their employees to go to Asia. Their staff, making quality bikes in the US are still doing it today. Lower ends bike were added and the only way to do so at competitive prices was to go to Asia. You know what? That will bring more money into America anyway.

    .
    dude, i dont think you get it. going to asia for a lot of companies is not just to be greedy, its to stay in the game, so its either have a few lower end models be made over seas and stay in the game, or have all of cannondale out of work and no bikes made in the US. look at burley, they dont even make bikes anymore. its just the majority of the world would rather buy something inexpensive than expensive vs quality. so it puts companys who focus on quality on the cutting block.

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ZombieWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by jamis63tb
    well bud my jamis is made in america and it cost a lil more then 400 bucks
    Well bud, I think you might want to check out this thread....

    Where are Jamis bikes made?

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWV
    Well bud, I think you might want to check out this thread....

    Where are Jamis bikes made?

    looks like he needs to spend more time in the Jamis forum to learn where his bike was made. Or maybe he reads as poorly as he spells.

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by jamis63tb
    ...
    I make it a rule not to respond to ignorance or being called a "**^^%%$idiot." I’ll let jamis63tb’s “intellect" speak for itself. I will however point out that jamis63tb is on the side of “global warming.” You get the picture. .
    Last edited by az1jeff; 08-16-2007 at 11:34 PM.

  62. #62
    Tossin the salad.
    Reputation: TX_Shifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    738
    Hi,

    I am looking at the F7 Disc version. Test rode it and I liked it, but the fork seemed really stiff.

    In top of that how good is the RST Gila Pro T8 fork anyways?

    Also, what about the crank? I notice it's a Shimano FC-MC311. I could not find anything on this crank as for reviews.

    I know that this is a Cannondale post, but I am debating on this or the K2 ZED 3.0 bike.

    Honestly for price / components, which is a better bike?

    I can get either at my LBS for $480.00

    Thanks

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ZombieWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by TX_Shifter
    Hi,

    I am looking at the F7 Disc version. Test rode it and I liked it, but the fork seemed really stiff.

    In top of that how good is the RST Gila Pro T8 fork anyways?

    Also, what about the crank? I notice it's a Shimano FC-MC311. I could not find anything on this crank as for reviews.

    I know that this is a Cannondale post, but I am debating on this or the K2 ZED 3.0 bike.

    Honestly for price / components, which is a better bike?

    I can get either at my LBS for $480.00

    Thanks
    These two bikes appear to be pretty comparable in components. Unless you really have your heart set on disc brakes, you should also take a look at the F6. It is just a little bit more, but it has an upgraded crank, shifters, and frame (and I think the fork).

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jdr01930's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    794
    My son got the F6 - really nice actually. We figured disc brakes can be added later to any of the models, but one of the reasons we went with the F6 was the ability to add Headshock or Lefty later on. Try that on an F7! (OK - lefty is possible with proper adapters)
    '15 Cannondale Trigger 27.5 Carbon 2
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)

  65. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff
    No, you're wrong. Here's the '07 F5, made in USA, no headshok:
    Hey! Guess what, were talking about 2008 not 2007

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by dgilpin





    I preordered this before it came out. Literally the first person in Oklahoma to have the bike... Here's my reviews...

    The bike was shipped with bent handle bars, i was not happy.
    The shocks are nice, the frame and seat are nice, the tires and rims are great as well. The disc brakes are excellent, however the components I feel are lacking. I've yet to even take it mildly off road, and the shifter already has been replaced. Shifting gears for me was about a 70 percent chance that the chain would come off either on the large chainring or the small, no difference.

    For dropping 550 bucks i would expect more from Cannondale. I feel like i paid more for the name than for the quaility of the bike.

    I'll update my review, as understandably, mine could've had malfunctions with parts or in shipping.
    YOU GOT RIPPED OFF! I just bought one for $385 before tax, lizard skin and some other minor stuff.

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWV
    Where do you think your Jamis is made?

    Also, I don't understand the idea that the Taiwan-made Cannondales are somehow taking something away from American workers. This is not a case of existing production moving overseas. This is Cannondale simply broadening their market. Now instead of people buying a $400 Trek, Giant, or Jamis, they can buy a $400 Cannondale. Then when those buyers decide to move up to a higher end bike, they will already have some brand loyalty to Cannondale.
    YOU HAVE MADE THE MOST SENSE OUT OF ANYBODY. I have a Giant and it's okay. I bought my girlfriend a F7. As soon as my Giant Craps out, I am bying a Cannondale.

    Thank you for opening the blinds' eyes

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    That will bring more money into America anyway.
    Sorry, but selling imported stuff doesn't "bring money into America". It shuffles money around inside America and sends a part of it to the outsourced manufacturer. The only way to create real value is thru manufacturing and exporting.

    In my opinion, C'dale is risking their brand name with this....woulda been smarter to start a "budget brand" to sell alongside the upscale products. Keep the dealers happy with a $350 price point product while keeping their brand name safe.

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 2clue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,320
    they actually have two set of f5 and f4 one made in the USA and the other in Asia.

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9
    Hey guys, did some thread trolling and thought I might bring this one back to top!

    I've been looking to get my fatself outside a little more this summer so the wife and I bought a few bikes the other day. I looked around here in Stuttgart and let me tell you, bikes aint cheap in Europe!! On a whim, I went into the PX and they actually had some Cannondales and Treks. Both were way over my price range, $1000 and up. I was sitting there daydreaming about the disk brake, lefty fork monster before me and one of the monkey's walked up and told me they had some new bikes being put together that would be closer to my price range.

    Fast forward two weeks and low and behold he was right. They have a bunch of entry level Treks and Cannondales, around $400. I looked on a few forums and most people are just complaining about the fact that these bikes are being made in Taiwan and not in the USA like most other Cannondales.

    I got my wife an Adventure 5 and got myself an F7, non disk, Titanium paint.



    This is my first new bike in about 8yrs, last one was a GT, so I'm not up on all the lingo and cool stuff yet. I've done some more searching around but really haven't found out too much about this particular bike and its components, this thread having the most promise so far.

    We'll be mostly doing paved riding trails and I might hit a few spots I've been eyeing while rock crawling. I guess what I'm looking for is honest feedback on the bike and the components it comes with.
    Thanks much,
    Tom
    Last edited by metomwhou; 04-29-2008 at 03:05 AM.

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46
    I'm on a Rush now, but I still have the F7. The only thing I didn't like was the fork which was switched out to a bomber. That said it's still a solid bike.

  72. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DKuehn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    22
    I just ordered one from REI, they have the F7 Disc on sale for $407. I should have it in a week.


  73. #73
    I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Reputation: Cayenne_Pepa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,243
    I believe the bike frame itself is 100% designed in USA, but fabricated in Asia, then shipped to the US and finish-assembled by hand(plus components). From a legal standpoint- this permits Cannondale to claim, "HANDMADE IN USA", only because more than 75% of producing the bike is actually done in th US.

    I don't think the Bedford frame artisans would ever find those welds acceptable, after doing it so CLEANLY for almost 30 years! My verdict? The F4-F7 frame materials sourcing and fabrication/production is all done overseas. After all, saving expense in that area alone can only justify such absurdly low selling prices.

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah
    I believe the bike frame itself is 100% designed in USA, but fabricated in Asia, then shipped to the US and finish-assembled by hand(plus components). From a legal standpoint- this permits Cannondale to claim, "HANDMADE IN USA", only because more than 75% of producing the bike is actually done in th US.

    I don't think the Bedford frame artisans would ever find those welds acceptable, after doing it so CLEANLY for almost 30 years! My verdict? The F4-F7 frame materials sourcing and fabrication/production is all done overseas. After all, saving expense in that area alone can only justify such absurdly low selling prices.
    Only frames made in bedford get the "Handmade in USA" label. All other frames (including the F7) do not have that label.

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ray Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,204
    Wow, great deal! I was very happy with mine and I paid $525!

    The only reason I sold it was that I started riding a ton more than I thought I would, both on and off road so I bought a 07 Prophet and a low cost commuter, FYI the F7 was the more well rounded ride if you could only have one bike and where split between path/street and real dirt.

    I wish I could have kept it but there isn't enough room in the garage .




    Quote Originally Posted by DKuehn
    I just ordered one from REI, they have the F7 Disc on sale for $407. I should have it in a week.


  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DKuehn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lee
    Wow, great deal! I was very happy with mine and I paid $525!

    The only reason I sold it was that I started riding a ton more than I thought I would, both on and off road so I bought a 07 Prophet and a low cost commuter, FYI the F7 was the more well rounded ride if you could only have one bike and where split between path/street and real dirt.
    That's my thought, if I really stick with it for a year or so, I'll invest in a nice bike. Until then I'll use this one and slowly upgrade it.

  77. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14
    +1 for the F7. Just got mine today at REI also. Don't care where it was made.


  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2
    I have an 08 F6. I had been looking at the Giant Boulder and the Avanti Atomic when I saw the Cannondale. It was 30% off the usual price. I took it for a ride and it felt very good. It fitted.The 30% reduced price put it in my price range and I bought it. Several weekend rides later on trails and I am still happy. Do I care that it is made in Asia? No. I am impressed that I have a Cannondale? Yes. When my riding and my budget can justify it I will buy a more expensive Cannondale. The F6 is a joy to ride and as I said above it feels right. My previous bike was a 16 year old Shogun Trailblazer 3 which is still going but the F6 is streets ahead.

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14
    I got her dirty for the first time today. No matter how much I played with the suspension I couldn't get it to the setting I wanted. I like firm, but it's too firm for me, didn't absorb enough shock. Maybe I need to break it in more. Or maybe I should have gone with a bike with Dart 1's.

  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ray Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,204
    My F7 forks did get more plush or softer after a month or so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Honda Fit
    I got her dirty for the first time today. No matter how much I played with the suspension I couldn't get it to the setting I wanted. I like firm, but it's too firm for me, didn't absorb enough shock. Maybe I need to break it in more. Or maybe I should have gone with a bike with Dart 1's.

  81. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jdr01930's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lee
    My F7 forks did get more plush or softer after a month or so.
    And if that doesn't do it, you can get different springs for them.
    [EDIT - oops - you can get different springs for any of the Dart's, but I just realized the F7 doesn't have a Dart. I was thinkin' F6.
    Don't know if the Gila forks have changeable springs]
    '15 Cannondale Trigger 27.5 Carbon 2
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)

  82. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    44
    Ok, noob question.

    When the F7 says it has a CO2 alloy frame. Is this steel or Alu?

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ray Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,204
    It an aluminum alloy, the CO2=Oversized and Optimized tech, or big frame tubes



    Quote Originally Posted by techgeekwill
    Ok, noob question.

    When the F7 says it has a CO2 alloy frame. Is this steel or Alu?

  84. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    44
    Very good. I think I might buy this bike. Price is awesome. Down to this or a Trek 4300 disc.

  85. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jdr01930's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by techgeekwill
    Ok, noob question.

    When the F7 says it has a CO2 alloy frame. Is this steel or Alu?
    Ya know, I thought there was something ambigous in the C02 designation...
    Isn't C02 close to some shorthand name for some chromaly type of metal? Or am I just confused again. I never bothered bring it up because I figured it was my own personal brain fart.
    '15 Cannondale Trigger 27.5 Carbon 2
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by techgeekwill
    Ok, noob question.

    When the F7 says it has a CO2 alloy frame. Is this steel or Alu?
    You are thinking chromolly which is steel.

    I know that is not spelled right

    The F7 that I bought for my girlfriend is definately not steel. It's aluminum

    Thats spelled wrong too.

  87. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    155
    Also unless it is a dirt jumper, the tubing on steel frames is noticably thinner than alunimun. If the f7 were steel, it would be heavy.

  88. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ray Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,204
    My friends and my mountain bikes are all aluminum and have big tubes, the F7 and Prophet are huge but look normal to me, I bought a steel 29e/commuter that looks so strange when I glance down at the top tube with its noodle like diameter tubes.

    Both are plenty strong but it is interesting how different the 2 materials look and feel.

    regards
    Ray

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny5b
    Also unless it is a dirt jumper, the tubing on steel frames is noticably thinner than alunimun. If the f7 were steel, it would be heavy.

  89. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DKuehn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    22
    Just got my F7 today and just got back from riding some trails. So far I love the bike, but I need to acquire some skills quickly.

  90. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1
    I have had my f7 for just over a year. I ride it to work 3 times a week at least. And take it out on the trails around 3-4 times a week. I love it. Not to worried about where it was made. It's a good bike. Only problems I have had was bending rims. (240lb's) That is why I put these on it. Love the way it looks and rides.


  91. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2
    does the f7's shocks lock out? i am really trying to figure that out!

  92. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by sirhc10
    does the f7's shocks lock out? i am really trying to figure that out!
    no lockout

  93. #93
    I'm Riding It
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff
    Throw rocks at me all you want, but there’s a reason all wal-mart’s bikes are made in Taiwan and China. They’re cheaply made, in every sense of the word cheap.
    So I'm curious as to what you say about Specialized, Giant, and Trek quality, along with many other manufacturers.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a Cannondale fan myself, and would rather ride a Cannondale instead of anything else, but you can't tell me Cannondale is BOUNDS ahead of those companies in quality. They all offer lifetime frame warranties.. so what's the problem?
    www.bikeride.ca
    Alberta born-n-raised mountain bike racer.

  94. #94
    ilmfat
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    862
    i know i'm kinda late in the game, but what size is the seatpost.?

  95. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation: djork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,586
    I believe the seatpost diameter size is 31.6mm. What I want to know is what is the seat collar size?

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •