mtbr member
    May 2007

Those with the Perp...do you feel like you're on top of it or in it?

I've yet to ride the Perp and doing as much research as I can. I'm trying to decide between it and the Uzzi. Both seem to fit the type of riding I like doing (FR, big hits, with an occassional DH race). However on the Uzzi you feel like you're on top of the bike as opposed to in the bike when bombing downhill (then again it has a 67deg HA). I was curious what your thoughts were with the Perp in terms of the question in the subject line. Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    hi,
    havent ridden the new uzzi, but at 6 ft on a med perp at about 2 inch rear sag and 1.5 inch front sag i am absolutely "inside" the bike. you are not so low on this bike as you are on others but the bike is definatly more flickable than the numbers tell. i also own a 2007 ironhorse 7 with exactly the same specs (custom) and like the perp a little better. the perp seems to have a little more front wheel traction. bottom bracket is at 13 inch when sagged (with gear). i have driven some bikes at 12 and even 12.5 inch bb height and on these bikes i am too often hitting the ground when pedalling hard. i think its height is the best compromise between "deep in the bike" (ironhorse sunday) and "on top of the bike" (old uzzi and archimedes for example).
    CW
    p.s.:

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks Cwrender -
    That's the answer I was looking for. I looked into the IH 7.7 before. Nice bike. I'm more of a fan of feeling 'inside' the bike as opposed to 'on top' of it. It just feels more comfortable and stable to me. I'm glad to hear the Perp gives that feeling.

Thanks!