mtbr member
    Jan 2008

There should be a Headtool Recall

These multitools are a good concept, but generally of poor quality. I've broken the chaintool on three of them, while undoing chainlinks. I had the pin aligned perfectly. It is simply flimsy and cannot take much torque.

Cannondale, if you're monitoring this, please replace these things for your customers with a stouter upgrade, or refund our purchase. This thing is well below the expectations that the Cannondale name sets.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I used my HeadTool once to split a chain, and really didn't feel like it was up to the job. Luckily for me it didn't break but I won't be using it again unless it's in an emergency.

Like you say... good idea in theory.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    yep the Chain tool could do with some work. I think a titanium version is the answer. The tools also corrode too quickly.

Another thing to improve would be the O-Ring. I improved the fit of mine by cutting a new O-ring from a 700x23C road bike tyre.

mtbr member
    yeah I bought one when I got my bike and after a rough decent the tire lever things slide off into the steerer tube and rattle around.

it's a great idea but they need to make the tool fit a little more snugly into the steerer tube.

to fix it I just wrapped a piece of electrical tape around the tool.

Ridin' dirty!
    Yep...and the "Spoke Wrench" is a joke as well....made out of plastic....if the tire levers were made out of alloy I could see it work, but this way it is totally stupid!
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

mtbr member
    Are you sure thats a spoke wrench.....

narCOTIC
    I'm pretty sure the 'spoke wrench' is just for hooking the lever onto a spoke to remove the tyre.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    there is no spoke wrench...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Yep it's just a spoke hook...

(See #7 in the manual)
    http://www.cannondale.com/asset/iu_f...uctions_en.pdf

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

No good

I snapped the the large allen wrench off, removing the front wheel on my Rize.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL 9000
    yeah I bought one when I got my bike and after a rough decent the tire lever things slide off into the steerer tube and rattle around.
    There are two allen screws that keep each end of the headwrench tool snug and removes side-to-side play. They are under the soft foam pads on the side. If you tighten those, it keeps the tire levers in place. I go down rough stuff all the time and they never slide off.