mtbr member

Is there any 1.5" lefty????

I didn't think so, but I've been going back and forth with bike shop on ebay. He keeps telling me that this 1.5" steerer tube stem fits on Cannondales and Iron Horses in his shop.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=015

He told me that there is no such thing as 1 -9/16" steerer tube. I think he doesn't know what he's talking about, but I just need a reality check

LA CHÈVRE
    You are right, he doesn't know what he's talking about. A Headshok/Lefty steerer is bigger than a 1.5" (OnePointFive) steerer. Both can fit in the same frame though but it's the headset that takes the difference into account. A Headshok/Lefty stem won't fit on a 1.5 fork and a 1.5 stem wont fit on a Lefty. I think he didn't even tried to see if it fits on either forks... This one is for a Lefty or Headshok only.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Thanks Dan, I figured as much. Maybe he was talking about a Perp or Judge. Anyway......

LA CHÈVRE
    I sent him a message, we'll see if he adds a note that it only fits Lefty/Headshok forks and that it could be very dangerous to attempt to ride with this stem on a 1.5 fork...

LA CHÈVRE
    I informed him the stem was not 1.5 compatible and it might be dangerous if an eventual buyer tries to install it on a 1.5 fork and break his neck, also saying I wasn't interested but just wanted to inform him he was wrong and to help him avoid angry buyers.

Here is his answer: "Then don't bid."
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 08-13-2007 at 05:59 PM.

mtbr member
    He said the same thing to me Dan