mtbr member
    Jul 2007

TerraLogic quit on Speed Carbon

Hi Forum, Newbie to forum and c'dales. Bought a used 06 scalpel team rep in Dec 06. Enjoy the ride and was kinda liking the terralogic, but last week terralogic vanished. Lefty appears to be normal otherwise. Anybody have experience with service or repair, LBS says let them send it cdale.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by shinskin
    Hi Forum, Newbie to forum and c'dales. Bought a used 06 scalpel team rep in Dec 06. Enjoy the ride and was kinda liking the terralogic, but last week terralogic vanished. Lefty appears to be normal otherwise. Anybody have experience with service or repair, LBS says let them send it cdale.
    If it's like the Fox versions I do from time to time, oil loss is most likely the culprit. Any signs of that?
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    no sign of oil leak

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Hmm, well driving from the back seat is tough I'd say send it off to Cannondale, unless you prefer to deal with someone else. It is most likely the sort of job you won't enjoy, unless you rebuild Formula One suspension for a living. I have one torn apart on my bench right now, if you want a donor for all the parts, PM me, it's all new, I needed the outer for a customer, so I sold it, basically, it's everything but that, brand new.....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Lefty seems to work ok, no leaking, no noises, no looseness. I'm going to ride it sans terralogic and see what happens. Makes for a more conventional ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    shinskin - How did this turn out? Mine has been leaking oil(it is coming out from the front bottom of the boot) and the terralogic just stopped working. If you got it fixed what was the cost?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Answer

My LBS sent back to CDale for service. They replaced the Terralogic valve, new boot, seals and oil. Cost was $175. I have been riding my Speed Carbon DLR and I will sell on one of the forks on e-bay, but I am really having a tough time deciding.

Terralogic vs Speed Carbon

+The auto locket works well
    +It really helps me in slow speed rocky stuff where an unlocked fork will get me stuck.
    -Worth $300+ more in ebay then Speed Carbon
    -Terra is less reliable(but when the Terra stops working it is not a huge issue, just no lockout)
    -Terra is harsh on the first bump. My hands notice the difference.