mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Terralogic Lefty - brought back to life :-)

I have a Santa Cruz Blur XC with a Terralogic Lefty on it.

Loaned it to a buddy (of course) it was working perfectly, then not. No damping of any kind, compression or rebound.

I've never had it apart, but since they apparently don't service them any more (they will sell you updated guts though...) I figured what the heck... I am very familiar with the regular Fox Terralogic forks...

Turns out the inertia damper valve assembly had simply unscrewed itself from the damper tube/shaft. EZ fix, cleaned the threads, a dab of blue locktite, add oil and button up.

Works perfectly again....

I'm really surprised they do not service these, it is very simple, more simple I think than the new PBR's. It's just all o-rings and no special tools really (just a spanner wrench and BB tool for the cap).

This is one of my favorite "forks" of all time... my only dissapointment is they never made it in a long travel, where I think the Terralogic would be even more valuable.

Anyway, I wonder how many "broken" Terra-Lefties there are out there that could have this simple fix?

I do wish they had an actual oil volume listed... all the tech sheet says is add 20cc to the shaft then add more as you insert the rest of the body. It says "do not over fill"... but in what state? Damper extended, compressed, leg extended, compressed... what??! Very vague in this area...

It's working so I must have got it close (about 100cc)

Cheers.
    Best racing series in the West!
    http://www.bicyclingevents.com
    Helmet cam reviews
    http://www.helmetcamreview.com

LA CHÈVRE
    I have one that I keep as a spare. Works fine and I do like the Terralogic too, I think it's perfect for a hardtail. On my Scalpel though, I like the 2011 PBR, lighter and it complements the rear suspension well.

I may be willing to sell the Terralogic now (company I work for shuts down sooo...) if anyone is interested.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous View Post
    (company I work for shuts down sooo...)
    Sorry to hear that....what kind of company is it?
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom "Leftified" Delta V

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by cdalemaniac View Post
    Sorry to hear that....what kind of company is it?
    I'm sure I'll be fine. I'm a motion and graphic designer, I worked for a small production company, doing tv ads, tv show openings and graphics, movie openings and special effects, company logos and brand identity and such. The bosses pulled the plug because they were tired of running a company (and it showed).

My goal is to do the same but on my own, it may just be a bit hard at first because of the investment needed and until I get more clients on top of those I can keep from the old company...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :