mtbr member
    Dec 2010

tell me what you think guys (cannondale super v 500)

Hey i have the opertunity to purchase this 2002 cannondale super v 500 for right at 300 bucks. is this a good deal? and what do you guys think about the bike? i have read the reviews but im not sure how much its really worth today? and its a large frame. what do yall think about it? and has any one owne one and liked it or hated it?

thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tell me what you think guys (cannondale super v 500)-dsc022452.jpg  

mtbr member
    Wow, really nice and original. You could run it as it is or get some nice modern upgrades - a nice air shock on the back would improve things. Nice as it is though - a collectors piece for sure.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    would it be good just to take and ride? and ride it hard. i want somthing to enjoy and not to just sit in a room collecting dust.

i guess will it be better than a mongoose xr250 fs? i know weight wise its lighter. but will it be more durable?

thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    and is it a good price?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Its almost the same colour scheme as what Ive just done with my old sv500
    Mines an awsome bike when dialed in right,Id grab it while its on offer,

KK..

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    thanks im going to go look at it tomarrow! im pretty excited about taking it moutain biking soon! by the way is there anything that i need to check for? that could be an issue?

thanks

bike rider
    It looks like it was never ridden! Any quality bike in nearly new shape would be a good deal for $300. That one's a steal.
    It looks so fresh that I don't think there could be any issues with it. However, it's always a good idea to have a savvy friend or shop mechanic make sure everything is properly adjusted. Buy it, ride it, and don't bother upgrading anything except the pedals (either clip-ins or BMX style platforms).
    Keep the Country country.

PNF Ax Man.
    Dec 2010
    Those are the original tires. For $300, take it.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    It's a good price if it fits.

You said large? That era of Cannondale had a shorter top tube than a modern bike.

I'd ride a large in pretty much any modern bike, but I'd go XL in a Super V.

I'm 6' even, 33 ish inseam.

If you're shorter than that, or, if you like a short cockpit with a John Holmes stem, then it's a go.

Things to look for, not much, as it looks as though the owner never rode the thing! Do make sure the headshock feels smooth, and see if it'll hold air. Also, you'll need a shock pump to tune the fork, just FYI, to help your first ride not suck

Also, that thing is prime Uber V material if you're say, 5' 10" or less. It has the modern swing arm, long front tabs, etc. It has disc tabs too, nice upgrade ability there.....

Oh, and for 300 bucks, it'll kick any Wallygooses a$$ into next year!
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt
    If it was XTR you'd see the holes in the cogs near the teeth and the spider. Also, why would the rest of the bike be straight out of the box but he'd upgrade the cassette?
    true)

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    8 speed XTR cassete? or i m wrong?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Ta- great - just needs an air shock-try it as is first-great bike!

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by tagra
    8 speed XTR cassete? or i m wrong?
    If it was XTR you'd see the holes in the cogs near the teeth and the spider. Also, why would the rest of the bike be straight out of the box but he'd upgrade the cassette?
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Jump on it-what a great deal-Uberize it!!!!!