mtbr member

New question here. Tech help: does this shock fit on a Prophet?

Guys, need some help. I have the chance of getting a 2006 Fox RP3 AVA 200mm eye-to-eye, 7" 7/8 x 2.0". Does this shock fit right on the Prophet? Is this a good shock option for this frame? I like Fox shocks, and the AVA sure is a good shock, I rode a Heckler with it and it performed really well, and since both the Heckler and the Prophet shares the same pivot design (single pivot), it seems a good idea. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Black RONIN; 08-02-2007 at 10:18 PM.

LA CHÈVRE
    It will work.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    It will work.
    Good! Thanks Dan!

Have you already used one of these on a Prophet? You still use the Swinger 3?

LA CHÈVRE
    I haven't used it on a Prophet, I still use the Swinger 3-Way, but the RP3s are good shocks. I have tried it with Scalpels. It's not as adjustable and tunable as the newer RP23 or a Swinger but the RP3 still gives you a nice, although fixed platform. If it's good or not for you depends on what you have now. If you have a Swinger, I'd keep it, if you have a Radium, this one will be an upgrade.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    as for the rp23 being more adjustable, it has one more level of propedal setting, which is kinda pointless i think. haven't tried it, but like the rp3 as it is in terms ofd adjustibility.

in regards to the shock, the ava might be the thing that makes the rp3 shine on a prophet, unless you can get your hould on a custom one especially tuned for a prophet. i've so far had to different rp3s on my prophet and none of em has been a great success to say the least. the last one has yet to be ridden hard on trails, but it looks like the swinger is coming back on, it just feels faster, plusher and nicer i think, so far at least. i would love to try the adjustable spring rate one though. say what, i will ride my prophet to work tomorrow and mess abit more round with adjusting the pressure etc with it and see how it performs. it might just be that my commencal supreme is wonderful these days, but i've seriously thought about selling the prophet after my last ride on it.

and yes, i'm not so sure going to a large sleeve would be such a great idea. apparently the large sleeves are for bikes whose rates has problems getting 100% travel out of the shock, and my prophet uses too much travel too easily as it is i think. it's kinda odd, uses more travel than the swinger, yet the swinger feels plusher. go figure eh. so what other shock than a swinger do i recommend, the manitou evolver isx6. killer shock. my performed so well i put it on my commencal supreme fr and it has made that bike so nice. kinda the way to go as the supreme is my all mountain freeride bike and as it had a rp3 on it it kinda made sense that it got the burlier of the two shocks.