Cannondale Snob

"Team Fit" Cannondale jerseys?

I recently purchased a Mens Medium Cannondale Surpass Jersey. It was incredibly tight- way too small in every direction except length. The neck was only 5" across (lying flat), and the pit-to-pit measurement was only 15".

By comparison, my Primal Wear Jersey (also medium) is 7" across the neck and 19.5" pit-to-pit. It fits me perfectly.

I read somewhere that the Surpass is a "team fit" jersey. Is that just another way of saying rediculously small?
    '06 Cannondale Rush 1000 4" travel 27lbs
    '04 Cannondale F600 SOBE -STOLEN!
    '96 Cannondale Uber-V 6" travel 30lbs

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RiskEverything

I read somewhere that the Surpass is a "team fit" jersey. Is that just another way of saying rediculously small?
    Means you better have a buff body and no gut.

mad aussie
    "team fit" or "pro fit" is supposed to fit pretty much skin tight "club fit" is looser. Primal wear are more along the lines of a club fit jersey.
    Pro fit jerseys are meant for skinny bike racers, you do see some riders who certainly SHOULD NOT be wearing this style of jersey.
    If you ever try on a skinsuit however it makes the jersey seem somewhat loose..........

Kevin

Cannondale Snob
    Quote Originally Posted by racerzero
    Means you better have a buff body and no gut.
    I have no gut- the Jersey is tight around the neck and chest and arms. I can't imagine "team fit" would be designed to make it hard to breathe

mad aussie
    That is because most pro racers have no shoulders! Thats just extra weight slowing you down!

Kevin

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RiskEverything
    I have no gut- the Jersey is tight around the neck and chest and arms. I can't imagine "team fit" would be designed to make it hard to breathe
    Just cut off the sleeves so you can show off your GUNS.

Cannondale Snob
    Kudos to the EBAY member (mybikewagon) who sold me the Jersey. I told him of the problem and this was his response:

"Go ahead and send it back and I'll look at it and see what's happened. It could be that it's a Euro medium. Most Cannondales are US sizes but it might be a Euro size and it would be smaller.

Please put the ebay item number or the invoice number in the package for our reference. I'll let you know when it arrives and what I have for an exchange. If we can't work out something I'll issue a refund.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

George Majors"

He'll likely get glowing positive feedback.

I'm Riding It
    Apr 2005
    amazing service! that is one buyer that i will look at the items they are selling just because of your story.

more people need to be like him on ebay...
    www.bikeride.ca
    Alberta born-n-raised mountain bike racer.