mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Taurine Team Replica

Hey,

Does anyone know if the Taurine Team Replica is available as a frameset with the Si headset, Si stem, Si crankset, XTR FD, K-force handlebar, Lefty Speed Carbon SL and Crossmax SLR wheelset?

That's about half of the bike so you could argue that I should just buy a complete stock bike and swap out the parts that I don't want. But I'm not going to do that as it wouldn't be cost effective.

There's nothing wrong with the OEM setup but I would be using Marta SL brakes, Michelin XCR tires, Eggbeater 4Ti pedals, XTR 11-34 cassette, X.0 short cage RD, KMC X9 chain, twist shifters, some seatpost without layback, and some other type of saddle and grips.

Is there any pricing info yet for the Taurine Team Replica?

P.S. I'm still waiting for Cannondale to offer the double spider (94 mm BCD with improved chainline for 2x9 setups) for the Si cranks. Why can't they just include both spiders so the consumer can decide what they need?

LA CHÈVRE
    Why would that exact kit would be available from Cannondale? They are not a chinese buffet restaurant! You either buy a complete bike or a frame. Imagine how complicated things would be for them if you could just pick the parts you want and leave others? That's a personnal or a shop job to offer a custom build, starting from a frame or a complete (shops usually don't give for parts swap near the price you could get by selling them yourself). I would get a complete bike and sell what you don't want. New parts can be sold easily and it would cost less than buy every single parts... I think...
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 09-22-2006 at 11:12 AM.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Well, I agree that it's not very ideal for Cannondale but I'm not into paying for something I don't want in the hopes of selling it afterwards.

I guess buying the frameset would be the way to go. If it includes the Si headset, Si stem, Si crankset and Lefty Speed Carbon SL then I could go for that and source everything else myself. So what is all included with the 'frameset'?

LA CHÈVRE
    They used to include the seat collar and headsets, that's it, I think. They didn't even include the SI cranks, saying that selling it on it's own gives the consumer the option to fine pick the correct arm length. But whatever is included, your LBS can order the SI crank and whatever Lefty and stem you want. The LBS is the only way to go anyway so ask them what you want and they will inform you about pricing. A Lefty is always a much better deal with a complete bike than on it's own, they are very expensive alone and the SL you want is not a low end model. When you get a price from the LBS, you will be able to decide if a complete bike is a better way to go for you. High-end, new parts can be sold quite easily...
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 09-22-2006 at 12:19 PM.

USED2COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    They used to include the seat collar and headsets, that's it, I think. They didn't even include the SI cranks, saying that selling it on it's own gives the consumer the option to fine pick the correct arm length. But whatever is included, your LBS can order the SI crank and whatever Lefty and stem you want. The LBS is the only way to go anyway so ask them what you want and they will inform you about pricing. A Lefty is always a much better deal with a complete bike than on it's own, they are very expensive alone and the SL you want is not a low end model. When you get a price from the LBS, you will be able to decide if a complete bike is a better way to go for you. High-end, new parts can be sold quite easily...
    Yep - sticker shock therapy might be the only course here.

As in Frame + Lefty is approximatly equal to Complete XT Level bike with same Frame and Fork.
    2x10
    '12 Niner Jet RDO 22.9 lb
    1x1
    '09 Cannondale F29er 1 20.1 lb
    '10 Sanderson Soloist 23.8 lb
    '09 Hammer 29'er 20.5 lb

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I think that could be the problem. It seems manufacturers inflate the price of the framesets (and in the case of Cannondale, their cranks + forks too) to discourage people from building their own bikes.

I inquired at the LBS about a Trek hardtail frame (OCLV 110). $4000 Cdn!!

What a joke!

In the end, you don't buy anything...

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorider
    I think that could be the problem. It seems manufacturers inflate the price of the framesets (and in the case of Cannondale, their cranks + forks too) to discourage people from building their own bikes.

I inquired at the LBS about a Trek hardtail frame (OCLV 110). $4000 Cdn!!

What a joke!

In the end, you don't buy anything...
    Well, don't complain that companies charge too much, it's the way it is for everyone. If it's too expensive, do like what most of us do: don't get the absolute best bike like you see it in your dreams. We can't all afford everything. Most people could only dream of the base taurine but can't spend half that much money. If you need the absolute best bike, best build, well... prepare to spend a lot.

Are you talking to me?

you want to know?

Here:

Taurine is available as a frameset, with Si hollowgram cranks.
    the Lefty is not included.
    the lefty is available aftermarket, but does not come witha hub.

I am not at liberty to share pricing with you, but you are better off buying a complete bike if you want a warranty.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    The prices are a secret eh?

Cannondale only warranties complete bikes? That's a bit of a turnoff.

Are you talking to me?

you misunderstood me.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorider
    The prices are a secret eh?

Cannondale only warranties complete bikes? That's a bit of a turnoff.
    Cannondale only warranties bikes if you are the original owner. You can buy a frame and fork from them, but not together. If you buy a frame from C, you are the original owner.

The prices are not a secret, but I work for a C dealership, and I have a full pricelist, with frame types, warranty pricing, and the whole bit. I am not allowed to share the pricing info, everything else is game.

This year, the Taurine ONLY comes in black, with a SI crankset, if you buy only the frame.
    Last edited by damion; 09-23-2006 at 09:24 PM.
    gfy