Thread: Taco Bash Guard

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Taco Bash Guard

This was posted at our local DH website. I wonder what Cannondale's warranty policy is on this subject.

From Santa Cruz website:

"Can I run a taco style bashguard on my V-10?

No. While the ISCG mounts have holes in the right places, they are designed to mount a CHAIN GUIDE, and not a BASH GUARD. If you smack your taco guard hard enough, it can break off the ISCG mount. Please bear in mind that ISCG stands for "International Standard, Chain Guide." We'd have designed it differently if we were trying to comply with ISBG (International Standard, Bash Guard), but there's no such thing as that. Specifically, the new E-thirteen LG1(with taco option) and MRP G2 are not recommended, and will void the warranty on your frame. "

got the dhr...
    I think for c-dale, it's fine whatever chainguide you mount... wonder why those two particular chain gudes void the warranty??? But I think it would be fine-Duncan riffle's judge has an lg1 with a taco ( if I remember right). But it dosen't effect me- I don't have a judge or perp, and I prefer a bashgaurd anyways. BTW- you probably allready know this, but the taco mounts to the chainguide, not to the iscg tabs.