No good in rock gardens..

Swapping Lefty for Revelation or Reba 120

With my Lefty back in the shop again after its second failure in about 9 months, I have lost faith in the thing and am considering my options.

These options being:

Wait about 5 weeks or more for the Lefty to be fixed and back on the bike and then trade the Rush for as much as I can get on something else (likely a Giant Trance X1)

Get my bike, sans Lefty, back from the LBS and order parts for a front end swap. I'm considering the Revelation or Reba 120 both in 15mm axle guise and of course at the very least a new front wheel or hub.

I really like the Rush and the easily serviced single pivot - but I know I'll be wondering about the Lefty all the time now.

I have no option but to have the thing sent away which takes way too long - the local dealer doesn't service them.

ATM I am undecided - a brand new bike would be nice but then again I'd like to retain the greater individuality of a Cannondale over a very common though apparently very good Giant.

Thoughts?
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....

mtbr member
    Keep the cdale. I have a rize I'm running a 2011 Fox 32 FLOAT 140 FIT RLC (w/ Kashima coat & 15mm thru axle) and I love it.

mtbr member
    I'm curious, what keeps failing?

When you get your Lefty back you can probably sell it on ebay for more then what you will have to pay for the replacement. I would steer clear of RockShox, but that is a personal opinion of course.
    CyclingCentralVa.org

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I ride a F4 cannondale. Can't be happier on the Rockshox Revelation. I went with the TEAM and it was day and night compared to the RST.

It also had the U-Turn.
    Recent trail pictures, one year later on my Cannondale F4 mountain bike | EricEwe.com One pic here but it does not do it justice. See top pic

No good in rock gardens..
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR1 View Post
    I'm curious, what keeps failing?

When you get your Lefty back you can probably sell it on ebay for more then what you will have to pay for the replacement. I would steer clear of RockShox, but that is a personal opinion of course.
    First failure - rebound and lockout went. Fork became a pogo stick. Was rebuilt by Cannondale Australia and I was without the bike for 5 weeks over prime riding season. The other day the bearing cage failed leaving the lower to flop around all over the place. 9 months after it was rebuilt....

Rockshox - I have a '96 Judly SL here on my Klein that is still working perfectly. I have a 2006 Reba SL that is still working fine. I had a Mag21 for a couple of years that never had one single issue.

I'm still undecided on what to do here - spend maybe $900 by the time I get a new fork, hub and wheel build, headset adaptor and stem or probably not spend a whole lot more and end up with a brand new bike, once I trade in the Rush.

I'm leaning towards brand new bike, TBH.
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....