mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Suspension upgrade for prophet

Posted similairly on this before, think I have put leftys out of the running now. Local LBS's are absolutely non responsive to bonified (i.e. I will pay for this in full right now) inquiries on getting a lefty for my prophet. Currently running a Tora 302 and a Manitou Radium.

Frame is a 2008 prophet, though I ride alot there is no cosmetic nor visible damage to the frame. I take pretty good care of it overall and have not noticed any metal fatigue issues (but who knows what's lurking). Riding style bounces between "pure" cross country and xc with LOTS of rocks, ledges, drops etc.

Thinking im going to put a Fox F32 Talas 140 up front with a QR15. Fox RP23 to the rear. Obviously i will need a new wheel set with the axle change, i want to do that anyways. What are my headset options here?

Balancing the cost of doing the above to just building up a XC oriented bike and keeping the prophet for the bigger hits. Factor wear and tear already imposed on the frame as well, i suppose.

Thoughts on the above please?

memento mori
    Feb 2004
    That sounds like close to $1000 worth of upgrades. What kind of shape is the Prophets drive train in? are the wheels in good shape? Indulge in some full-blown upgrade-itis and buy a new bike.