mtbr member
    May 2006

Suspension for '07 F5

Does anyone know how I can purchase a fatty or a lefty from Cannondale?

The stock Dart 2 is just not enough for my riding style. I sort of want to get a fork from Cannondale instead of from other suspension manufacturers.

Any thoughts on price for fatty or lefty upgrade would be great too.

Thanks everyone.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I was wondering the same thing. My dart 2 is good enough for this year but I may want to upgrade in the near future. Would a lefty fit the F5?

LA CHÈVRE
    While a Lefty or Headshok is the best upgrade, it's not cheap. You can get prices from any Cannondale LBS and they can get them for you... just be prepared to be shocked by the prices. They are expensive units but I think Cannondale are pricing parts very high to push the sales of complete bikes. All their good parts, bought alone, are very expensive (Lefty, Headshok, SI Hollowgram cranksets...). I usually suggest buying a complete bike to get a Lefty, buy the cheapest Cannondale that comes with the fork you want then sell the rest of the bike...

You can also get a used one, some pop out on ebay once in a while but even used, they are not cheap.

You can fit a Lefty on your frame though, they use reducing headsets to use 1.125" forks on the bigger Headshok/Lefty sized head tubes. All you would need is a Lefty or Headshok, a SI headset and a Lefty/Headshok sized stem (a Lefty front wheel/hub too of course with a Lefty) and take off your fork, headset and stem...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Great advice, Thanks Dan.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    THANKS DAN. I got the answer I am looking for.