mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Super V year model?

Just bought two Super Vs (500 & 900). The seller did not recall what year he bought them. Is the year model or manufacturing date stamped anywhere on the bike frame?

Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    There's a serial number on the bottom side of the bottom bracket. You can look them up at http://www.vintagecannondale.com/info.html

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Go to www.cannondale.com and check out their archive section. Cannondale has different color schemes for each year and model of bike...you should be able to match it up based upon paint job; as long as they havn't been painted

Retro Cannondale Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by papkec
    Go to www.cannondale.com and check out their archive section. Cannondale has different color schemes for each year and model of bike...you should be able to match it up based upon paint job; as long as they havn't been painted
    This is only true for 2000 models or newer. Cannondale made Super V's from '93-'02 so www.vintagecannondales.com is the best source for info. So did you figure out what year they are yet CircleCRider?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Well I think my Super V 500 is a 1997 model. The key code is as follows:

IF B1-0302 08324
    245094 BDMNLNLG

For a ten year old bike it is still a nice looking bike. Still rides great. As soon as my Super V 900 is ready at the bike shop, I will check it as well. Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CircleCRider
    Well I think my Super V 500 is a 1997 model. The key code is as follows:

IF B1-0302 08324
    245094 BDMNLNLG

For a ten year old bike it is still a nice looking bike. Still rides great. As soon as my Super V 900 is ready at the bike shop, I will check it as well. Thanks for the help.
    If you post pics, they can be identified by the swingarm style and shock mount tabs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogul218
    This is only true for 2000 models or newer. Cannondale made Super V's from '93-'02 so www.vintagecannondales.com is the best source for info. So did you figure out what year they are yet CircleCRider?

Great site...didn't know about that one.