mtbr member
    Feb 2011

super v uber v advice pics

hi there newbie here just recently bought my super v and just getting it ready for paint and rebuild, may frame says its made may 98?? but the tabs seem smaller than the ones being cut for an uber?? someone else messaged me saying a may 98 will be a 99 model is that right or wrong can i mod my frame?? please can anyone help
    http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/af204/willsp2007/

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    The tabs do look too small to modify. Is this a small frame? Somewhere I think
    there is something about that on small frames. You could always just put on a
    1.5x6.5 shock with 4.5" of travel I believe. Look at tryonbikes.com for advice.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    im sure its a medium,how would i check size?? may fram says it was made may 98 would this then be classed as a 99 model and have small tabs to begin with

mtbr member

Nice V

Check in between the tabs there should be a stamped letter (S,M,L,Xl)
    I have 2 V's a '98 v700 freeride Xl frame

And a '99 v400 S frame

On the Moto 120's MAKE SURE NOT TO CROSS THREAD THE AXLE!!!!!!!
    NEVER LET OIL TOUCH THE DISK!!!!!!! if the pads get a drop of WD40 on them they get slick as a fish, to fix it remove the pads and GENTLY heat them. heat to fast or to hot and they crack/explode and your SOL!!! the forks themselves are awesome but i hate that damn Sachs disk.