mtbr member

Super V creaking issue...

Hey every one, i recently inherited a Super V700 from my grandpa, and have been riding it every day (training for my schools bike team). Recently its been starting to creak when ever i go up hill, sprint, or just pedal hard in general. I know its bad, and i've read stuff on here about forks creaking and such, but i'm not 100% sure its the fork. At times, it almost sounds like the bottom bracket or the frame. I'm currently searching for a new fork (head shocks don't cut it in rock gardens) so if thats the problem, it will soon be fixed. Has any one else had this problem with a V? any help would be appreciated. thanks.

mtbr member
    I'm no expert, but it sounds like something in the cranks/bottom bracket area.

Also sounds like you want more travel. Have you thought about going full out Uber V? I'm in the process of building my 400 into an Uber.

Post your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Bb

i think its the bottom bracket that needs tightening, happened several times on my old sv700, give that a go and you may have a fix

mtbr member
    Thanks for the help. Definitely going to tighten my bottom bracket. I have also been thinking about going uber for a while too, the only thing i'm confused about is where to drill for the swing arm, or if i even need to drill at all. I suppose i should look for a swing arm first though.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I had a noise like that once on my Jekyll. Turned out to be the rear skewer. Start with the easy stuff first.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by evo233
    Thanks for the help. Definitely going to tighten my bottom bracket. I have also been thinking about going uber for a while too, the only thing i'm confused about is where to drill for the swing arm, or if i even need to drill at all. I suppose i should look for a swing arm first though.
    The only year I know of that doesn't require drilling is the 99. If you post pics of your bike in the uber thread I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

banned
    Check and make sure that the crank is torqued down. I had a Super V 1000 that creaked like a b&*tch. It was the crankarms loosening over time. Sounds bad but it is easy to fix.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by evo233
    where to drill for the swing arm, or if i even need to drill at all. I suppose i should look for a swing arm first though.
    No swing arm drilling is required. It's the front tabs that need drilling and cutting. A swingarm, that mounts the shock rearward of the f. derailleur mount tube, new rear shock, and it's an Uber. Well, in the back at least, a longer fork will make it feel right.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com