mtbr member

... and if we just ... Super V crankse/BB compatibilty???

Well I'm trying to upgrade the crankset on my 98 SV and rid it of the old CODA Crank with skinny crankarms. I believe the BB is a 68mm according to my digital calipers. Now what kind of crank will work on this bike with square taper BB/spindles? I know I'm a newbie with questions perhaps too vague but I need to get some info thats pertinent to avoid costly mistakes in purchases! I know a square taper crankset will work on my BB but there are deals on take-offs on ebay along with different style BB's like ISIS and Octalink designs however the spindle measurements is whats confusing me I don't want my chainline to be compromised! Does anyone know what I can get I have about $100.00 to spend and what would it cost for my LBS to install this as I know there's special tool for removing square taper crank arms??

mtbr member
    i hope this gets some replies because i also want to upgrade the cranks on my 99 uber v as part of a switch from 8sp to 9sp and i've been a bit confused as well.

mtbr member
    Your not a kidding I was all over the place on trying to find out what the heck will work I really don't want to change out the BB as there's nothing wrong with it! Its getting too confusing and I don't want added expenses with the wrong type of BB and crank and chainline problems so hopefully I can keep the solution simple! I see that the FSA DynaDrive cranks are pretty inexpensive around $50.00!