Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Super V 4000 Moto Headshok 120 Brake

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Cayenne_Pepa 
#1 ·
Can anyone please help? I have a Super V 4000, still original spec. I have come to the life end of my last set of front brake pads, does anyone know is there a replacement disc break I can put on it? My local bike shop says; it is an odd size and there is nothing out there that will fit?

#4 ·
Size isn't the issue here- isn't the caliper on the right leg? I haven't seen one up close and personal in about 10 years. You might be able to swap the left and right legs, flip the wheel and get a custom adapter machined (if the axle isn't asymmetrical). Might need a custom rotor too, depending on the bolt-circle diameter.

#9 ·
Cannondale should produce the Moto again. I would be easy, using two Leftys now. However, cheapskate Dorel won't ever do such a thing...especially after seeing production shifts to China and massive downgrades to the Bad Boy and F-Series bikes.

My 2009 CAAD 9 roadie and 2005 F2000SL are the LAST Cannondales I will ever buy. Dorel has stupidly chosen to produce ridiculously light and expensive bikes like the SuperSix HM and Flash...while offering entry-level bikers nothing but heavy, expensive junk with lousy gruppos...just to have them pay for their acquisition costs of Cannondale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.