Thread: Super V

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Super V

new to mtn biking here....currently riding a 2002 super v 500 w/headshock fork. it seems like i keep "bottoming out" when ever i hit a 3-4 foot drop or jump....can the headshock fork be adjusted to avoid this? secondly, how much travel is the super v w/ fox vanilla rear shock and headshock fork? sorry for the newbie ?'s. TIA!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Bump!!!!

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Dont worry , someone Will pop in soon...WIth info, which I dont have..........

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lonnie_20
    new to mtn biking here....currently riding a 2002 super v 500 w/headshock fork. it seems like i keep "bottoming out" when ever i hit a 3-4 foot drop or jump....can the headshock fork be adjusted to avoid this? secondly, how much travel is the super v w/ fox vanilla rear shock and headshock fork? sorry for the newbie ?'s. TIA!!!
    Rear travel should be 120 ish, and as for your fork, it should be air sprung, and you are most likely low on air. More ????? Don't hesitate to ask!
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    Rear travel should be 120 ish, and as for your fork, it should be air sprung, and you are most likely low on air. More ????? Don't hesitate to ask!
    i dont think it is air sprung...there is absolutely nowhere to plub a pump into. it just has a hex nut on the top. does that make sense?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    It's on the bottom of the head tube directly above the tire. Remove the tire and flip the bike upside down you will see it.