mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Super Fatty Ultra DLR issue

Hi everyone,

I just picked up my new 08 Bad Boy Ultra the other day. Soon afterwards I noticed an air valve was sticking out of the bottom of the fork, leaving only @ 1/8" clearance between it and the tire. Not only is this a little scary, it'll completely prevent installing a 26" wheelset.

Can anyone verify that this is wrong? The LBS wasn't sure... they thought it wasn't right and will check on Monday with Cannondale.

Other than that, the bike is sweet! I need to get it set up for cold weather riding ASAP. I'm going to attempt to commute through most of the winter this year.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Did you measure it to be exactly .25" or did you just eyeball it? It is close on my 1FG but not 1/8" . Remember nothing moves in that area anyway. I think the Bad Boy has 700c wheels too which are larger in diameter than a 26". I wouldn't be too concerned,

Bryan

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Nope... measured out very close to 1/8" as close as I could get the ruler in. Definitely not more. But you are right (I forgot) 700 wheels are larger than 26ers.

I just wasn't sure if that was normal or not. This is my first Cannondale.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

super fatty ultra issue

you can fit a 26" - no problem. No larger than a 700x32, and not all 700x32s will fit.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    larryk, Thanks! I'm going to order the 26's this week.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Super Fatty Ultra DLR

The manual says the lock-out in the opposite direction than how it actually works on my BBU that I got last week.

Is there something wrong with mine?

Which direction is locking and unlocking direction on yours?

clockwise? or counter clockwise?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Why donīt you go back to the store or call them if it's far away and ask? If you buy a new bike with original spec it have to work, otherwise it's the store or company that built the bike that shall deal with it. You should don't have to change anything to have your new bike work.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The thing is.. it works.. but it works in opposite direction than how the manual says.. so I just wanted to see if the manual is wrong or my bike is wrong by asking other people who have the Super Fatty Ultra DLR before contacting the LBS..

mtbr member
    That manual has the wrong labellings on it, you turn CLOCKWISE to lock out. You can also easily change the position of the lockout lever any where around the circle, but it will ALWAYS lock out clockwise!

mtbr member
    This should clear things up
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Sweet, that's what I thought.. Thank you for your help.
    BTW, Did you get a manual with the bike? or did you find that information online? I am wondering if a manual should come with a bike or not..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstractsun
    Sweet, that's what I thought.. Thank you for your help.
    BTW, Did you get a manual with the bike? or did you find that information online? I am wondering if a manual should come with a bike or not..
    Hmmm, I did get a generic Cannondale bike manual, but for anything specific like Fatty or Lefty, you need to download the documents from the cannondale website.
    http://www.cannondale.com/tech_center/