mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Super fatty ultra DLR 80 -bearings problem

Hi,

I've got headhok fatty in my 2007 taurine team replica. Unfortunetelly after one dirty race water came into my fork and destroyed bearings and races.

I need to buy these parts but i've heard that there is many sizes of races(many thicknesses, lenghts) . So is there a possibilty to check which size do I have?Maybe there is a possibility to do that using serial number of a fork. I don't have a precise measuring device.

Thanks

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    You must tear the fork down, keeping track of the original positions of all inner races.

Then, with a micrometer, measure each race for thickness, looking for SEA numbers along the lines of .022, .024, .021 etc.

Measure the outers too.

Once done, you'll know what you need for races, the bearings are all the same.

You'll need a number of tools, as well as time to read all the info here about tear down and rebuild.

If this sounds like more than you can chew, take it to your local dealer, or find someone who can do it for you.

Good luck!
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thanks,

So unfortunatelly, I need to have micrometer and disassembly a fork. Do you know a place where can I buy cheap races and bearings?

88+ wants 140 for changing bearings and races

Thanks