Stubby-legged
    Jun 2006

Stubby riders and the Rize

I am 5'3.5 (if I stretch). Does that mean I need to ride a Petite womans rize?
    I would prefer a rz140 (or better yet, a Moto), but like all other bike companys, Cannondale thinks all men are 6 ft tall.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 1spd1way
    I am 5'3.5 (if I stretch). Does that mean I need to ride a Petite womans rize?
    I would prefer a rz140 (or better yet, a Moto), but like all other bike companys, Cannondale thinks all men are 6 ft tall.
    Have you tried a small yet?

Stubby-legged
    Jun 2006

not yet

LBS doesn't stock a lot of fs mountain bikes (a ton of high end road bikes !)
    I'm going to see if the rep can bring in a small when he does his "rounds". We'll see.

mtbr member
    Cannondale is slightly larger, but keep in mind that with fs bikes, there has to be some height allowance for suspension designs.

You can't build a 6 inch travel bike without putting the 6 inches of travel someplace in the geometry.

5'3" is the bottom end of the size small. Standover will always be an issue but I think you can get a good reach to the bars.

P.S. I sold a 1FG to a 5'2" guy.

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1spd1way
    LBS doesn't stock a lot of fs mountain bikes (a ton of high end road bikes !)
    I'm going to see if the rep can bring in a small when he does his "rounds". We'll see.
    Well, then they should be able to measure you correctly to determine the correct size for you.
    Simple as that.....
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom "Leftified" Delta V

mtbr member
    I was really disappointed at the higher standover height of the Rize, vs my good old Prophet. For that reason alone, I keep the prophet and will not be getting a rize.

You might consider a used Prophet - the Delta V style frame is more "shorty" complient.
    You might not pick up on that by looking at the specs, it's all in the angles and curves of the top tube.
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)
    '08 F6 (daughter's)

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    My wife is 5'4" and has an inseam of 31". She rides a size small Rize, and she loves it. Check your inseam and see if if you have long enough legs. The effective standover of the Rize and RZ140 is 29.8 inches. Good luck!
    As for the Super V standover, we came from riding Super Vs and loved how much room it had, but the climbing and weight left my wife (120 lbs) out of breath. We decided it was time to upgrade.